Fraggle Rock Season 4 may not be released separately

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I have to say that while it is expensive as all-get-out, I am really liking the special features on this series set!

Redsonga

Reaction score
I have to say that while it is expensive as all-get-out, I am really liking the special features on this series set!
Well, there really is not much new at all:sympathy:. Maybe one new thing, but the Red short might not be in it at all:frown:. *sigh* I just don't have the money...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think I may just download it, and I'm going to boycott HIT.
No offense, but that's a perfect way to make sure they DON'T release it. The only way they'll release the rest of the series separately and maybe move on to the 13 episode cartoon series (Completisit) is if we tell them directly we want it. I have a feeling they know we're upset, and they will release it eventually... but they might just be holding it hostage until the movie comes out, or gets closer to the release date (pretty stupid, if you ask me... since they seem to be doing it backwards).

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I do believe they know how upset we are..but they are betting on that the hardcore fans are so hard core that they can't pass on this set if they don't know if a separate boxset will be released. On the other hand they are shooting them selfs in the foot, since many of the hardcore fans apparently are buying the Australian release and will properly not buy the Season 4 set IF it comes out. I don't think they were aware about the Australian set. I was able to contact a representative of the complete set and she did not know about a Australian season 4 boxset. On the other hand she could not say anything about a single season 4 set.....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Though Downloading will not solve anything. I admit, I like to watch things on Youtube and stuff, but I would rather buy an official product in any case. it supports the series and project, as well as not looking like someone's hand me down video tape.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I know, I would also have loved to continue the support of the Fraggle line, but this stunt have to be punished....and the only way is either to buy the Australian release and download the bonus disc from the complete set or download the complete set entirely. The first option is the best since that way the Henson company will still gain a little money from the support.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I do believe they know how upset we are..but they are betting on that the hardcore fans are so hard core that they can't pass on this set if they don't know if a separate boxset will be released. On the other hand they are shooting them selfs in the foot, since many of the hardcore fans apparently are buying the Australian release and will properly not buy the Season 4 set IF it comes out. I don't think they were aware about the Australian set. I was able to contact a representative of the complete set and she did not know about a Australian season 4 boxset. On the other hand she could not say anything about a single season 4 set.....
HIT's distribution of Fraggle Rock is worldwide. The Australian sets were licensed through HIT, so they are most certainly aware of them. Their customer service reps, however, often know less than we do.

The thing about the Australian Season 4 is that it may not be complete. Sidebottom Blues might not be included and, if so, should make the Region 1 releases (Complete Collection or potential Season 4) much more desireable.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
I have a friend who owns that Australian Season 4 set and according to her, it is indeed missing Sidebottom Blues.

And as far as HIT releasing a stand-alone Season 4 here in the States... I would like to go on record and say that I, for one, believe they will by March. In fact, I wouldn't put it past them to very quietly get it out on shelves either alongside or very shortly after the full series boxset. It may indeed just magically appear next to the big box without any warning whatsoever.

Drtooth

Reaction score
HIT's distribution of Fraggle Rock is worldwide. The Australian sets were licensed through HIT, so they are most certainly aware of them. Their customer service reps, however, often know less than we do.
I would make it appoint for someone to buy the Complete collection JUST to see if Sidebottem Blues is on it. Though, (for the trillionth time) I can't see why they can't just take the disks from the season 4 portion of the collection and put them in a different box... :eek:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I have a friend who owns that Australian Season 4 set and according to her, it is indeed missing Sidebottom Blues.
It was mentioned previously that Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water is listed on both Season 3 and Season 4. Is that episode on both sets?