Fraggle Rock Season 4 may not be released separately

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well of course most have endings..I just mean ones where the whole plot really comes together and it is truly an end that makes everything fall into place, not just a glued on one to make fans feel better about things ending early, you know? FR is really one of the only shows I felt that with...
I mean that too. Like David the Gnome had a very powerful conclusion that I never saw until recently. It would have been great to see it at the time, but I'm just glad I got to experience the show. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I mean that too. Like David the Gnome had a very powerful conclusion that I never saw until recently. It would have been great to see it at the time, but I'm just glad I got to experience the show. :smile:
Oh, I saw that ending when I was fourteen or so on tv, I cried so much. It's a shame they don't make shows like the older ones anymore..But someday they will again, someday :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh, I saw that ending when I was fourteen or so on tv, I cried so much. It's a shame they don't make shows like the older ones anymore..But someday they will again, someday :smile:
Yeah it was amazing! My friend and I were big fans but we never even knew about that ending until recently.

So I don't think it's bad to donate some of the left over Fraggle sets. After all, what will happen to them otherwise? They shouldn't be kept away until the ending is released separately (if ever). So many of the episodes stand alone by themselves. Even the first few episodes are enough to inspire. :smile:

Plus obviously a show doesn't have to have a big ending to be great (in fact so many don't). Star Trek didn't end up having one, but it's gone down in history as a well written, ground breaking, and hugely popular show. :smile:

RL4422

Reaction score
I was part of the petition 6-8 years ago to try to bring Fraggle Rock to DVD. We were just a group of desperate hopefuls... and I never thought we would get our wish. I look at this new collectors set as a MAJOR accomplishment. I know a seperate season four would be ideal for most... but to see the dream of having Fraggles brought back into the spotlight again (now a MOVIE and DVD's) I just can't complain :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's just that most people won't be able to afford it. The other DVDs were a major victory. But this set...it's unfortunate.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was part of the petition 6-8 years ago to try to bring Fraggle Rock to DVD. We were just a group of desperate hopefuls... and I never thought we would get our wish. I look at this new collectors set as a MAJOR accomplishment. I know a seperate season four would be ideal for most... but to see the dream of having Fraggles brought back into the spotlight again (now a MOVIE and DVD's) I just can't complain :smile:
I do see that side of it too and have mentioned it a couple of times somewhere around here. There were many years when fans would have done anything and paid any price for these sets. I know the economy is in bad shape, but there would be complaints either way. There were some people upset with the single-set prices. I do think HiT should have released a stand-alone season 4 and I still think they will. Their strategy is that the hardcore fans will buy up the limited box sets while others will wait. It's not ideal, but I'm getting the set. I just don't want to feed its opening week numbers. :coy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's just that now, with the economy crisis, even hardcore fans may not be able to buy it (and we were hesitating even before that).

I may ask a relative if he could get it for me for Christmas. I would like to have it obviously. But I have to say at the same time I feel slightly guilty...

That's why I am giving my old ones away, something good as to come of this. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, I don't think that any of us should feel guilty for not being able or wanting to buy the full series set. After all, it is not like we did not get the first three seasons or that all of us complained about the price, I thought they were cheap actually :big_grin:...
Buying it or not should not be seen as an act of loyally :smile:. It is true if this set was all we were to have gotten from the start I would have bought it..But it was not, I'm not giving my sets away, and I have a little thing called food to buy with the money :wink:.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Another concern could be the flip side: if the economy gets worse, and HIT can't afford to make a Season 4 set.

Granted that's probably the worst possible scenario (and least likely, I think, considering most of the work on Season 4 has been done already) but I suppose it's possible if things continue to go downhill.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Another concern could be the flip side: if the economy gets worse, and HIT can't afford to make a Season 4 set.

Granted that's probably the worst possible scenario (and least likely, I think, considering most of the work on Season 4 has been done already) but I suppose it's possible if things continue to go downhill.
If things get so bad that they are not making DVDs anymore I think we will have bigger things to worry about like food and power let alone paying for internet and movies :coy: