Is a Pepe Plush a dream or reality?

PrawnCocktail

Reaction score
Hi there,

I hope you don't get annoyed :attitude: by probably the most asked question of all time, is there or is there ever gonna be, a pepe plush doll? I've read a lot of posts on this site and some other sites as well. But except for the Nanco plush doll which I've never seen or found everyone keeps asking and wishing about it!

I think Disney should have set things straight, it's even easier to get a ratatouille rat or a Nemo fish than to get a decent, honest, straightforward character like the infamous Pepe! :eek:

So rumours are welcome here, as far as I'm concerned. I don't expect to find a pepe plush doll but maybe somewhere somehow you know just where to get one. Or at least to see the picture of the Nanco version............:rolleyes:

PrawnCocktail

Reaction score
Ehmm don't be afraid to post a message............and yes I am a muppets fanatic, but Pepe, I must get him. And the palisades toys, thats not my kind of thing..........

So some thoughts or rumours pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Back when Muppets From Space was released, it seems like everybody wanted a Pepe toy, though it seems like very few companies acknowledged the demand. Then Palisades made two different Pepe figures, and some fast food company made a Pepe toy, and I think there was a plush, and now it seems like there's less demand for a Pepe toy among hardcore fans.

I think there were also rumors of a few that were never made. Back when Pepe was spokesprawn for Long John Silvers, there was an announcement that there'd be a Pepe plush, but then Pepe was droped as spokesprawn before the plush could be released. And I think Igel also announced a Pepe doll which was never made (or never sold).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay, this picture is very old okay. It is very fake okay. I created a long time ago as a mock up of what an Igel Pepe Muppet would look like. It is not real okay.

Actually it's not the best looking Pepe, but a Photoshop creation/approximation of what an actual mass produced product could look like. I remember Nanco or some other compay made a Pepe that could be won in those claw machines a very long time ago. I don't remember where the picture is. I had mixed feelings about it, but it was Pepe. The quality varied in different sizes.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Reality! Here is the Nanco doll, that came in various sizes.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Okay, this picture is very old okay. It is very fake okay. I created a long time ago as a mock up of what an Igel Pepe Muppet would look like. It is not real okay.

Actually it's not the best looking Pepe, but a Photoshop creation/approximation of what an actual mass produced product could look like. I remember Nanco or some other compay made a Pepe that could be won in those claw machines a very long time ago. I don't remember where the picture is. I had mixed feelings about it, but it was Pepe. The quality varied in different sizes.
Jamie, what image did you use for Pepe to make the doll?Was it a real Pepe?Doesnt look like it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Jamie, what image did you use for Pepe to make the doll?Was it a real Pepe?Doesnt look like it.
I did use some still shots of Pepe (among other things) and re-pieced them together to form a plush appoximation. That's a part of what I do. 2D digital sculpting created to look like 3D.

The composition is certainly not the best likeness of Pepe, but it echoes the look of how Igel handled their other Muppet plushes.

Thanks for posting that actual plush pic. The smallest one looks the nicest, but as they increase in size the proportions seem to fall out of whack. I think that has more to do with the company and design flaws than the fact that Pepe is a small Muppet because the Rizzo Igel made was huge and beautiful. I wish these had done better. They just kept releasing Kermit in different outfits as his likeness got worse and worse.

PrawnCocktail

Reaction score
Ahh, thanks for the news. It's uncomfortably reassuring I guess.......but maybe it's good to have some wishes unfulfilled in life......:smile:

And at least I now know the Nanco pepe doll was perfect, except that it totally stinks okay! :rolleyes:

Nevertheless I don't understand why there hasn't been made even one decent doll because when you search the web and all those sites there really is a demand for a pepe doll! And even a lot of the hardcore muppets are rare........... I just hope Disney will set things straight in the long run. Maybe a new movie would help.......

Thanks anyway! :cool:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Found It, I knew I had seen this only a few days ago, and I managed to find it again today.

Here is a link to a Pepe Plush doll by Nanco, he is for sale on ebay in France, here is the link.....

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Peluche-PEPE-THE...goryZ117QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He ends on Jan 18th, and the seller states they will only post to France, so you would have to email them first and check they will post to you.

Hope this helps.:rolleyes:

Chris

PrawnCocktail

Reaction score
Found It, I knew I had seen this only a few days ago, and I managed to find it again today.

Here is a link to a Pepe Plush doll by Nanco, he is for sale on ebay in France, here is the link.....

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Peluche-PEPE-THE...goryZ117QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He ends on Jan 18th, and the seller states they will only post to France, so you would have to email them first and check they will post to you.

Hope this helps.:rolleyes:

Chris
Thanks! But the likeliness...........it hurts my eyes! Hope you don't get annoyed with me....nevertheless thanks a thousand times for all your effort! :mad: :concern: