Is a Pepe Plush a dream or reality?

PrawnCocktail

Reaction score
Wow, first I was annoyed but thanks to you all I'm informed. So I can sleep a little bit better. Is there one crazy muppet fan out there who wants to seduce the Disney manager and then demand that they'll make a pepe (or any other missing character as well) or else............ :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
the Photo of the Pepe plush from the e-bay Auction wouldn't be so bad if there were wire frames under the antenas. Maybe they weren't curled up. The 35th Anniversary Gund Yip Yip plush has the same problem. You just have to curl the antennas right.

lilyjade

Reaction score
pepe plush!

Hey everyone! I, too, am desperately searching for a Pepe plush doll... does anyone know where I might be able to find one? I checked out the French ebay site, but it appears that auction ended a long time ago... anyway, any information whatsover will be so helpful.

Thanks in advance!:rolleyes:

simonmf

Reaction score
What I have read here ends my search for now. I have been looking for a Pepe plush for about a month now. Hard to belive they havent released one. I mean, from a company that will do anything for money...

Anyway, thanks for all the information everyone has posted. Hopefully one will be out for sale soon!

MadForPepe

Reaction score
After more than two years.......he's back? :rolleyes:Who, you might say? It is me, the Prawn Cocktail. Why did I change names, you say? Well basically because I forgot my password and somehow the muppet central forum email doesn't get through to my old email adress.

Anyway, I was and still am mad for Pepe. I've managed to suppress my obsession for a Pepe doll (not an ugly Nanco doll, which frankly, looks more like an elephant). I think the Pepe book comes close, but still doesn't quite do it, for me. If you see how popular he is, also in Europe (or at least where I live), I still don't get it. Because why make two series of little Palisades toys but ten thousands of Kermit plush dolls? :confused:

So now, forgive me, for using Muppet Central Forum, once more, is there any gossip or even better, some kind of magical door to pre-ordering a (serious) Pepe plush in 2011? Or does someone know a private puppet maker who would be more than willing to make a buck and make me an unofficial, but likeable, loveable Pepe plush to end this obsession?

Hoping to hear from you, a die hard Pepe fan (aka Prawn Cocktail):excited:

beaker

Reaction score
After more than two years.......he's back? :rolleyes:Who, you might say? It is me, the Prawn Cocktail. Why did I change names, you say? Well basically because I forgot my password and somehow the muppet central forum email doesn't get through to my old email adress.

Anyway, I was and still am mad for Pepe. I've managed to suppress my obsession for a Pepe doll (not an ugly Nanco doll, which frankly, looks more like an elephant). I think the Pepe book comes close, but still doesn't quite do it, for me. If you see how popular he is, also in Europe (or at least where I live), I still don't get it. Because why make two series of little Palisades toys but ten thousands of Kermit plush dolls? :confused:

So now, forgive me, for using Muppet Central Forum, once more, is there any gossip or even better, some kind of magical door to pre-ordering a (serious) Pepe plush in 2011? Or does someone know a private puppet maker who would be more than willing to make a buck and make me an unofficial, but likeable, loveable Pepe plush to end this obsession?

Hoping to hear from you, a die hard Pepe fan (aka Prawn Cocktail):excited:

Yeah I've seen about 10 Pepe Nanco plushes sold for under $20 on ebay lately, but to me they look attrocious. I'm a huge Pepe fan but I don't even want it, heh. Hopefully next year we'll get some. Rumor had it that in 2002 there was suppose to be Lohn John Silver's Pepe plushes but I don't think it happened.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's the thing with Nanco... Some of their plush looks REALLY good (basing it on a variety of licenses, that is) some of them don't. The Simpsons ones tend to look as good as Simpson plush and 3-D merchandise could possibly look.

I'm guessing the Pepes on e-bay are all used and stuff too... I dunno what to say about used plush... all dusty and stuff.

It seems that, quite obviously, any and all Muppet merchandise WILL coincide with the next movie. We just don't know if Pepe is one of those characters. I'm very disappointed that the Pook-a-looz line isn't being continued (at least to my knowledge... some say the rare Miss Piggy was produced ONLY for the surviving FAO Schwarts stores... but that's about it. Man, I really was hoping to see Pepe, Chef, and Beaker (which would have been perfect, as his head ALWAYS sinks down into his shirt), but that's not very likely.

This IS word that there are prototypes of Disney store specific Muppet Plush shown at Toy Fair this year... but no pictures could be taken of them... and I'm guessing they only had the main Kermit, Animal, Fozzie, Piggy and Gonzo stuff... it really is a shame Sababa didn't give us Pepe... I mean, they gave us the FIRST plush representations of the Electric Mayhem... 3 versions of Janice (2 smaller ones in sets, one actual full sized ones) but no Pepe.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
recently i was actually lucky to find one of the Namco ones on ebay that didnt cost me an arm and a leg, so i was happy about that

what annoyed me most about the namcos is that i never saw them at carnivals or fairs or even my local beach that has prizes the summer that they came out

but im sad there isnt more pepe mechandise, and one of my hopes is for a new Disney Plush once the movie comes out

MadForPepe

Reaction score
The book?

Ok, well after three years I still won't give up. And the long john silver ones, I know about them also but as far as I found out, it didn't happen (indeed).

What do you think about the book? I really love it. Why can't they make a Plush with the same Pepe factor?

:batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Among other things, they aren't currently (outside of the Pook-a-looz assortment) have available Muppet plush, or much figural merchandise for that matter. Though, there was some stuff that had Pepe on it recently (shirts and beach towels), so I'm sure they'll take that direction eventually. Plus, if they intend to market this the same way they marketed Toy Story 3, I'm sure we'd see every single Muppet available.