New behind-the-scenes book to celebrate Fraggle Rock

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I bet this book suffered from what usually befalls other Fraggle products - the idea that there's not enough interest. I think that's bogus, but even Hit with their knowledge of healthy DVD sales tried to gouge the consumer fan base with the all-or-nothing final set.

I suspect the figures and the book will be released to coincide with film promotion and marketing. Be patient. It will come, but it is likely a year or so away. :smirk:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I bet this book suffered from what usually befalls other Fraggle products - the idea that there's not enough interest. I think that's bogus, but even Hit with their knowledge of healthy DVD sales tried to gouge the consumer fan base with the all-or-nothing final set.

I suspect the figures and the book will be released to coincide with film promotion and marketing. Be patient. It will come, but it is likely a year or so away. :smirk:
Yeah, IMHO I think it will happen, but it will take until the movie gets some hype and people start taking notice of the fact there may be a book, and it shall therefore get published.

unclematt

Reaction score
I am so glad I only bought Season 1 and then waited for the complete set instead of buying them all individually only to find out I wouldnt be able to buy the last seaon as an individual set.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score

I don't know that interest is a problem. Over the last five years, the show has only proven otherwise.

I think you're correct in that it should come eventually, but the single likely scenario is that they just want to wait for the movie. Unlike the DVDs, the book has to do well as a singular item and the release of the movie, when the franchise should be at peak exposure, would be the ideal time.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Even though FR is a strong fandom in our generation (at least on the 'Remember when?' and then you see a picture and it all comes back to you scale :smile: ) it still feels like they are a little unsure about it from how they have treated the newest DVDs :\...

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Even though FR is a strong fandom in our generation (at least on the 'Remember when?' and then you see a picture and it all comes back to you scale :smile: ) it still feels like they are a little unsure about it from how they have treated the newest DVDs :\...
Well, they stated on the latest press release that 1.3 million+ DVDs have sold so far. Sounds pretty impressive.

It could really be anything. The economy, the production company or publishers have maxed out their schedules, they changed their minds, they're waiting for the movie, etc.

unclematt

Reaction score
I hope it is just that they are waiting for the movie but I do not feel very confident about that.