1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New behind-the-scenes book to celebrate Fraggle Rock

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by GelflingWaldo, Jan 22, 2008.

1. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Insight Editions (a publisher of those big and beautiful "coffee table books" that showcase the art of different films and television show) is working on a deluxe Fraggle Rock book. I've talked with some people over at Insight Editions and this book is sure to become the prized possession of any Fraggle fan. This book will include hundreds of rare drawings, concept artwork, storyboard images, production photos, and other treasures from the studio archives and private collections. The giant hardcover book is planned to hit store shelves on September 30, 2008 (just around the same time that the final season of Fraggle Rock makes its way onto DVD) and will retail for around $30.

:excited:
    Mr.Penguin likes this.
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

...W-w-wow... Just... just wow. Henson... is... amazing. Wow.
  3. b0bb33z3r

b0bb33z3r New Member

sweet! Another Christmas present in the bag! Thanks for the news!

Has something of this nature ever been created for The Muppet Show or Sesame Street?
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:) I might cry! Very happy jamie. :excited:
  5. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Wow, that's awesome! I wouldn't have much use for it since I wouldn't be able to see it, but my mom likes to look at the notebook replicas and such in my box sets, so I'm already thinking of getting it for her for next Christmas! That, and it just sounds like a nice item to have in general! Thanks Greg!
    :)
    :smirk:
    :excited:
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh that's so cool, I hope it goes through, thanks!
  7. Pork

Pork Active Member

Awesome, I love those books and a Fraggle Rock one will be briliant.
  8. zns

zns Active Member

Wow. I had a feeling that something like this would happen. A Fraggle book like this would be an excellent edition to my Muppet Collection. They should probably do the same thing for Sesame Street's 40th year. Anyway, that's great news. Thanks a lot GelflingWaldo. :excited: :smirk:
  9. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Im getting the same feeling too as everyone else here, this is truly amazing and I cant wait to see updates and the final product.

Publishing was always such a big part of Henson years ago, with early calendars and books like Miss Piggy's guide to life, Of Muppets and Men and of course Jim Henson: The Works.

I always kinda hoped that a new large Art Book of the Muppets would materialise, especially with the 25 years celebrations and Kermit's 50th a few years ago, but Disney didnt? Maybe in the future!

A Fraggle large art book is just amazing though, and Thank you Henson for giving this to the fans, along with record LP's the books I mentioned above have always been part of my favorite merchandise and I still enjoy looking at them now, so to have a Fraggle Book to add to list is fantastic!

My only concern is what is next for Fraggle merchandise, we will have all the episodes, so no new DVD's will be worth releasing with the Puppet episodes, we have all our fav albums on CD's, and now a fantastic Art Book, what else can we hope for! Well, action figures, busts, and of course replicas would be nice, hehe.

Chris:smirk: :excited:
  10. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I'm so excited for this! I have a few art books, but all the Muppet Show ones are out of print and too expensive to try and collect. So this is absolutely fabulous news and I will most definately be buying this! :excited:
  11. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Well the feature film should be hitting theaters around '09/'10, so that should spawn some stuff for us fans to buy.;)
  12. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Thats very exciting. I like the fact ther is a date attached to the release so us fans know exactly when to look for it. and I know i will be looking for it.
  13. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Wonderful.

I gave a friend Insight's Hanna-Barbera Treasury for Christmas, and it is simply stunning (one of the best books on classic animation around - and there are many). It has reproduction facsimiles of model sheets, concept art, comic books; everything a HB fan could want, packed in-between the pages. Hours of material.

As great as this Fraggle book already sounds, it will be absolute bliss if it has reproductions like that.
  14. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Just been looking at the publishers website and they have some amazing beautiful Limited Editions of some of there already published books.

They are a bit pricey, Star Wars LtdEd $395, 24 Ltd Ed $200. But the extras and presentation is stunning, I wonder if anything like this will be done for the Fraggle Book!

Also, the new Movie will be great and hopefully see new merchandise, but what I mean is that for die hard fans of the original show, we have waited 25 years to get all the epsiodes released, and now we have them, what next, its kinda like the end of an era! We will never crave these episodes or box sets again, maybe in time they will become rarer and out of print, but we will have them! We will never crave the release of this material again, same goes for The Muppet Show episodes too, once Disney release them all!

Chris
  15. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Very true. 20 years ago people would have thought you were crazy for even proposing a complete home video release of a television series. It was rare that a television show was commercially released at all (and when it was it was usually just a few random collection of 1-3 episodes on a VHS, "best of" compilations or simply one or two very special episodes). But today (thanks in part to DVD) people feel entitled to full season box sets with every episode for every season of every show (plus bonus features). It really is a whole new era in home entertainment and fandom.
  16. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Boy this is not going to help me with saving money this year! More things keep popping up that I want!

This is awesome news though, seriously. :)
  17. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

:smirk: + :excited: = ;)

Golly!
  18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Absolutely stunning news, especially given how I yearned for such a book in the 80's. I remember in the mid to late 80's going to Waldenbooks and getting the Fraggle Rock children's books, and always wishing they had something like Muppets and Men.

The Art of the Muppets, the Muppet Show Illustrated(1978), and Sesame Street Paved are my fave books of this kind.

But from Muppetnewsflash's description, this sounds unbelievably amazing.
    The 35 price point is excellent, as most their other books seem to be 50 dollars and up.

With the prospect of a Fraggle movie still a reality for 2009/2010, and the final season boxset coming out, its definately exciting

Tho the most Fraggle heavy era of merchandise in the modern era was 2003.
    2003 is when Fraggle plushes, dvds, figures, and all sorts of stuff could be found at Hot Topic, Suncoast, online, etc.
    It is high time tho for a Fraggle Rock revival. Much to look forward to, and *if* that Fraggle movie is still a go...it means Fraggle Rock is officially back.
  19. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I recently borrowed this Muppet Show book from a friend of mine, and it was just fantastic. It was 190 pages of beautiful coloured drawings, and re-enactments of the best sketches. I couldn't believe that I had never heard of the book before.
  20. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I want to see al three of those. I only knew of Unpaved