New behind-the-scenes book to celebrate Fraggle Rock

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Insight Editions (a publisher of those big and beautiful "coffee table books" that showcase the art of different films and television show) is working on a deluxe Fraggle Rock book. I've talked with some people over at Insight Editions and this book is sure to become the prized possession of any Fraggle fan. This book will include hundreds of rare drawings, concept artwork, storyboard images, production photos, and other treasures from the studio archives and private collections. The giant hardcover book is planned to hit store shelves on September 30, 2008 (just around the same time that the final season of Fraggle Rock makes its way onto DVD) and will retail for around $30.

:excited:

theprawncracker

Reaction score

...W-w-wow... Just... just wow. Henson... is... amazing. Wow.

b0bb33z3r

Reaction score
sweet! Another Christmas present in the bag! Thanks for the news!

Has something of this nature ever been created for The Muppet Show or Sesame Street?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome! I wouldn't have much use for it since I wouldn't be able to see it, but my mom likes to look at the notebook replicas and such in my box sets, so I'm already thinking of getting it for her for next Christmas! That, and it just sounds like a nice item to have in general! Thanks Greg!
:smile:
:smirk:
:excited:

Pork

Reaction score
Awesome, I love those books and a Fraggle Rock one will be briliant.

zns

Reaction score
Wow. I had a feeling that something like this would happen. A Fraggle book like this would be an excellent edition to my Muppet Collection. They should probably do the same thing for Sesame Street's 40th year. Anyway, that's great news. Thanks a lot GelflingWaldo. :excited: :smirk:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Im getting the same feeling too as everyone else here, this is truly amazing and I cant wait to see updates and the final product.

Publishing was always such a big part of Henson years ago, with early calendars and books like Miss Piggy's guide to life, Of Muppets and Men and of course Jim Henson: The Works.

I always kinda hoped that a new large Art Book of the Muppets would materialise, especially with the 25 years celebrations and Kermit's 50th a few years ago, but Disney didnt? Maybe in the future!

A Fraggle large art book is just amazing though, and Thank you Henson for giving this to the fans, along with record LP's the books I mentioned above have always been part of my favorite merchandise and I still enjoy looking at them now, so to have a Fraggle Book to add to list is fantastic!

My only concern is what is next for Fraggle merchandise, we will have all the episodes, so no new DVD's will be worth releasing with the Puppet episodes, we have all our fav albums on CD's, and now a fantastic Art Book, what else can we hope for! Well, action figures, busts, and of course replicas would be nice, hehe.

Chris:smirk: :excited:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'm so excited for this! I have a few art books, but all the Muppet Show ones are out of print and too expensive to try and collect. So this is absolutely fabulous news and I will most definately be buying this! :excited: