New behind-the-scenes book to celebrate Fraggle Rock

unclematt

Reaction score
Thats very exciting. I like the fact ther is a date attached to the release so us fans know exactly when to look for it. and I know i will be looking for it.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Wonderful.

I gave a friend Insight's Hanna-Barbera Treasury for Christmas, and it is simply stunning (one of the best books on classic animation around - and there are many). It has reproduction facsimiles of model sheets, concept art, comic books; everything a HB fan could want, packed in-between the pages. Hours of material.

As great as this Fraggle book already sounds, it will be absolute bliss if it has reproductions like that.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Just been looking at the publishers website and they have some amazing beautiful Limited Editions of some of there already published books.

They are a bit pricey, Star Wars LtdEd $395, 24 Ltd Ed $200. But the extras and presentation is stunning, I wonder if anything like this will be done for the Fraggle Book!

Also, the new Movie will be great and hopefully see new merchandise, but what I mean is that for die hard fans of the original show, we have waited 25 years to get all the epsiodes released, and now we have them, what next, its kinda like the end of an era! We will never crave these episodes or box sets again, maybe in time they will become rarer and out of print, but we will have them! We will never crave the release of this material again, same goes for The Muppet Show episodes too, once Disney release them all!

Chris

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
we have waited 25 years to get all the epsiodes released, and now we have them, what next, its kinda like the end of an era!
Very true. 20 years ago people would have thought you were crazy for even proposing a complete home video release of a television series. It was rare that a television show was commercially released at all (and when it was it was usually just a few random collection of 1-3 episodes on a VHS, "best of" compilations or simply one or two very special episodes). But today (thanks in part to DVD) people feel entitled to full season box sets with every episode for every season of every show (plus bonus features). It really is a whole new era in home entertainment and fandom.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Boy this is not going to help me with saving money this year! More things keep popping up that I want!

This is awesome news though, seriously. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Absolutely stunning news, especially given how I yearned for such a book in the 80's. I remember in the mid to late 80's going to Waldenbooks and getting the Fraggle Rock children's books, and always wishing they had something like Muppets and Men.

The Art of the Muppets, the Muppet Show Illustrated(1978), and Sesame Street Paved are my fave books of this kind.

But from Muppetnewsflash's description, this sounds unbelievably amazing.
The 35 price point is excellent, as most their other books seem to be 50 dollars and up.

With the prospect of a Fraggle movie still a reality for 2009/2010, and the final season boxset coming out, its definately exciting

Tho the most Fraggle heavy era of merchandise in the modern era was 2003.
2003 is when Fraggle plushes, dvds, figures, and all sorts of stuff could be found at Hot Topic, Suncoast, online, etc.
It is high time tho for a Fraggle Rock revival. Much to look forward to, and *if* that Fraggle movie is still a go...it means Fraggle Rock is officially back.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
The Art of the Muppets, the Muppet Show Illustrated(1978), and Sesame Street Paved are my fave books of this kind.
I recently borrowed this Muppet Show book from a friend of mine, and it was just fantastic. It was 190 pages of beautiful coloured drawings, and re-enactments of the best sketches. I couldn't believe that I had never heard of the book before.

unclematt

Reaction score
I want to see al three of those. I only knew of Unpaved