1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New behind-the-scenes book to celebrate Fraggle Rock

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by GelflingWaldo, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Drtooth Well-Known Member

(Slaps hand down on table)

That is it. That is what I'm looking for. Fraggles are going to make a huge resergence, and this movie needs to be made. This book and the odd merchandise scattering around are proof enough for me that it will happen.

As for the book itself, I'm psyched. This looks like a wonderful addition to any Muppet Making of book set. We've had a couple on the Muppets, one on sesame street, several General Muppet productions, and finally Fraggle Rock gets one of its very own. I really can't wait to see the finished product. I really hope it has everything, even some cartoon model sheets. While animated Fraggles aren't the best looking thing, I just love to see Model sheets.

Hey, remember years ago when there was an odd rumor that they were going to have that photo book of Animal? Too bad that was just an odd rumor and nothing more. But this totally makes up for it.
  2. Traveling Matt New Member

Greg,

Does HIT Entertainment have anything to do with this publication? Re-reading the 2004 press release (http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/040104.shtml), it says "consumer products" as well as television and home entertainment.

Just curious. Thanks.
  3. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

I Can't wait for this book :excited:
  4. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this book, and I hope that similar Muppet and Sesame Street books follow. I wonder if this will be similar to the "Ultimate Visual Guides" that DK Books makes for various franchises (like Superman, Wonder Woman, Looney Tunes, Disney, The Hulk, and more).
  5. Erine81981 Active Member

I know i'll be buying this when it first or later on hits store selves. Come on Fraggles! :excited:
  6. heralde Well-Known Member

I had the opportunity to read the Muppet Show book once, the drawings are delightful and it's such a great piece of history for Muppet fans. :)

I also recently bought a book from Amazon called Kermit's Garden of Verses. Apparently it was intended to be a Volume 1 of poems about the Muppets (all from Kermit's pov). But when sales were disapointing, the idea was dropped. So it's an extremely rare find. The illustrations are so rich and full of character and the poems really capture the Muppet spirit.
  7. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Awesome! I'm buying!
  8. beaker Well-Known Member

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Muppet_Show_Book

THE best Muppet book...ever. I urge everyone to try and seek it out. I wish someone could scan it and put it online, or the publisher could reprint it. It's a simply amazing book and really was very inspiraitonal for me growing up in the 80's.
  9. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I have it, too; but, for me, it's second to Of Muppets and Men.
  10. Baby Gonzo Member

My school's library had the Muppet Show Book. I enjoyed the illustrations.

I am so excited about the new Fraggle Rock book! I hope it lives up to my expectations!
  11. superboober Member

Now I'm wondering if this will include behind-the-scenes photos and the like, or, copyrights permitting, a script transcript or two. These would be excellent icing on the cake.
  12. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, it seems like they would definately have some imput, and the logo will clearly be stamped on the back of the book. Just like on the Sababa plushies.
  13. MJTaylor Member

I've got that book! It used to belong to my brother who got it for Chirstmas when he was 6 years old. Then years later he sold it to me, as he often sold me something when he wanted to make some fast $s.
  14. Skye Active Member

I feel so behind just finding this thread now, lol.

But oh my gosh, what awesome news! :excited: This sounds so interesting and so cool. What a treat... I will definitely be checking it out!
  15. GoblinBabe New Member

16. GoblinBabe New Member

I'm with ya there! I feel like I'm always the last person to find these things out! lol. But yes! This is really cool!
  17. unclematt Active Member

Did Hit have to ok the book?
  18. zns Active Member

Do they have a title for the book yet? i for one have a suggestion: "Down at Fraggle Rock". What do you think?
  19. Traveling Matt New Member

I like Greg's terminology: "The Art and Magic of Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock."
  20. Redsonga Active Member

Oooo it would be nice if they finally told us things like if Fraggles really do hatch from eggs in it :excited: .
    'Dance your cares away' sounds like a nice title :flirt: