Preliminary Thoughts on Master Replica's Fozzie Bear

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Ya know with the size of :embarrassed: and :mad: (crosses fingers) some of us are going to need a whole room for them! For those that have dedicated muppet collectible rooms, I mean ANOTHER ROOM! LOL I just don't know how we're all going to protect them and preserve them. Other than leaving them MIB. Building a glass case would take an entire wall, and who'sd wife is going to give the go ahead? (laugh ladies) I'm just looking forward to posing Kermit and Fozzie like this

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/Heartoutofhell/231356466_2dd29735ae_o.jpg

For some reason that photo just envokes the words teamwork, and best friends to me. Like Ernie and Bert, Bird and Snuffy, etc. Amazing that Gonzo was considered Kermit's Best Man at the wedding!

Back on track....
I think with Fozzies size it's gonna take one **** of a stand to make him stand on his own. Imagine thatsize when thinking bout packaging!

But alas, what I was saying before about packaging materials... it will be the same materials and tooling for Piggy.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Terry's protoype Fozzie stands on his own if you balance him properly.

:stick_out_tongue:

Luke

Reaction score
I just don't know how we're all going to protect them and preserve them. Other than leaving them MIB. Building a glass case would take an entire wall, and who'sd wife is going to give the go ahead?
I think this is an interesting point so wanted to highlight it, just how are people planning to preserve these? I would have thought the ultimate best case scenario would be to take them out of the packaging and re-package them in a large airtight plastic container and keep out of sunlight. However then your replica may get depressed, claustraphobic and owners may also get withdrawal syptoms. Having them on permanent display the ideal option may well be to have some kinda perspex display case made from anti glare plastic - though it may cost as much as the poser itself. I guess while a lot of people will have them freely on display it's probably not a good idea to do that for years on end as nobody really knows for sure how the materials on these will stand the test of time, not even Master Replicas.

The other thing is maybe there is a routine people could do to keep them nice and maintained. I don't mean have them do a workout DVD once a month but i'm sure the Muppeteers must do stuff to keep their puppets nice. Maybe they are sprayed with something special to keep them looking nice, or brushed with a certain type of brush? All this is gonna help the lifetime of these.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
One other question I pose (no pun intended) is do we think the hat will be permanantly attached? or even sewn on? Same with scarf.(btw does anybody remember Terry's Muppet central username? Iwant to go back and see what he's talked about.

Kevin

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I would expect the hat and scarf NOT to be sewn on. I would be very disappointed if they were.

Bear Man

Reaction score
I would expect the hat and scarf NOT to be sewn on. I would be very disappointed if they were.

I'd be really surprised if the hat was, and it would probably be quite easy to remove even if it was. The scarf on the real puppet covers up the join between the head and the body, right? So it could conceivably be sewn on to the poser, even if just to keep the bow in order.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Animal's rope is tied to his pants, but the pants to come off. Not that I've tried really! His shirt also can be removed. MR wouldn't do something inconsistent with Fozzie. I'm expecting Gonzo to also be changeable. :concern:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
When I made photo's of Animal and Kermit, I noticed that Animals shirt ties where sewn . I could not untie them due to the string around them. So what I had to do is slip the shirt off over his pants to take it off. I imagine that you can get the string off to untie the shirt, I just never wanted to do that. When I put the shirt back on, I had to take the pants off and he was nekkid, to put the shirt back on then put his pants back on again. WOW it was too much work. :halo: