Preliminary Thoughts on Master Replica's Fozzie Bear

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie.

Were you able to take any pics of you with Statler, Id love to see them.

Does anyone else on here have photos of themselves with the 'real' Muppets?

On another note, Id love to see lots of Muppet Replicas, but I must admit I dont know about Statler & Waldorf, I really dont want to spend hundreds of dollars on them, but I know I would if they get made!

The core 5 are a must, then any extras are great, Scooter, Rowlf, Robin, Rizzo. I feel that the smaller characters, Pepe, Rizzo, Robin may not get made as even though there a lot smaller, the same amount of time and work would need to go into them, so the price would still be close to Kermit, casual fans probably wouldnt pay that for small characters?

Chris

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Cheeep,Cheeep - Is there a Budgie near-by?

Look, I see a lot of whining :boo: about costs but not enough about what really matters - QWALITY - :rolleyes: If you want cheap stuff you are not going to get the best possible product.

Is this what I signed up for? I say NO - I Love the Prototypes, That is what I am willing to fight for as a voice of the people. If Fozzie is not up to par there should be blood at this point.

So, that said. I (personally) am willing to PAY MORE for accurate recreations of the Muppets. I know what it's like not having fundage for the best stuff - it stinks but - If you want to compare it it could be like buying a BMW and comparing theYugo because it's made of steel and plastic as being the same stuff the real thing is made of - I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the cubicle today, sorry. Nothing on Trav either - Glad he's in there now to help the cause. But, I saw a Gonzo and almost lost it. I can't see the difference in County Fair versions from the current product other than the nice package. And it HURTS so much, Because I know they are capable of doing so much more. I have proof hanging on my walls at home with my StarWars gear.

I have a hard time swallowing the "consumer" wants a cheaper product, isn't that understood? But what we really want is what we were sold on in the first place - Accurate representations of Jim Henson's Muppets in Photo Puppet Posable Form.

The reality is that "the MAN" wants a cheaper product so that overhead is cleared with gi-normous profit. I say **** the man! They had a LE for StarWars - Why not for the Muppets? Involve the people that build them. And throw back the monkey poo at the licensor for agreeing to alter the true character. Stop the selling out, show the love for this man's work:wisdom: .

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie.

Were you able to take any pics of you with Statler, Id love to see them.

Does anyone else on here have photos of themselves with the 'real' Muppets?

Chris
Unfortunately, I was being given a tour of the Muppet Workshop and photos were forbidden. I also promptly got in toruble and got my host in trouble for allowing me to handle the puppet. Still, it was very cool. He's not easy to put on. Quite a lot going on inside, due to his construction. But once I had him on, he worked like a dream. Very easy to operate.

Here are pictures of me with 'real' Muppets.

From a trip to Sesame Street: Bert and Ernie

From the Muppet Movie: Ernie and Was Once Ernie
This picture is a little grainy because I cropped it out of a much larger photo, but I'm the one with the glasses and beard. If you look carefully, you can see that my arm is in Ernie's arm. Look for his yellow sweater cuff to find it.

:stick_out_tongue:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Look, I see a lot of whining :boo: about costs but not enough about what really matters - QWALITY - :rolleyes: If you want cheap stuff you are not going to get the best possible product.

Is this what I signed up for? I say NO - I Love the Prototypes, That is what I am willing to fight for as a voice of the people. If Fozzie is not up to par there should be blood at this point.

So, that said. I (personally) am willing to PAY MORE for accurate recreations of the Muppets. I know what it's like not having fundage for the best stuff - it stinks but - If you want to compare it it could be like buying a BMW and comparing theYugo because it's made of steel and plastic as being the same stuff the real thing is made of - I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the cubicle today, sorry. Nothing on Trav either - Glad he's in there now to help the cause. But, I saw a Gonzo and almost lost it. I can't see the difference in County Fair versions from the current product other than the nice package. And it HURTS so much, Because I know they are capable of doing so much more. I have proof hanging on my walls at home with my StarWars gear.

I have a hard time swallowing the "consumer" wants a cheaper product, isn't that understood? But what we really want is what we were sold on in the first place - Accurate representations of Jim Henson's Muppets in Photo Puppet Posable Form.

The reality is that "the MAN" wants a cheaper product so that overhead is cleared with gi-normous profit. I say **** the man! They had a LE for StarWars - Why not for the Muppets? Involve the people that build them. And throw back the monkey poo at the licensor for agreeing to alter the true character. Stop the selling out, show the love for this man's work:wisdom: .
Couldn't have said it better!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I agree, too. When the rumor first reached me that these were being made... and the rumor originally was that they would be puppets... I was told they'd be in the $1200 price range, which actually didn't seem unreasonable to me. I didn't know where I was going to find the money, but I would have found it somehow.

It's not like MR doesn't have high end collectibles in that price range, because they do. They just decided that The Muppets couldn't fetch that kind of money. I say, if they had been done right, they could have, but probably not in the same numbers. I doubt they could have sold 2500 Kermits at that price, but I bet they could have sold 500.

I just can't justify paying $300 for an unreasonable facsimile, though.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I was being given a tour of the Muppet Workshop and photos were forbidden. I also promptly got in toruble and got my host in trouble for allowing me to handle the puppet. Still, it was very cool. He's not easy to put on. Quite a lot going on inside, due to his construction. But once I had him on, he worked like a dream. Very easy to operate.

Here are pictures of me with 'real' Muppets.

From a trip to Sesame Street: Bert and Ernie

From the Muppet Movie: Ernie and Was Once Ernie
This picture is a little grainy because I cropped it out of a much larger photo, but I'm the one with the glasses and beard. If you look carefully, you can see that my arm is in Ernie's arm. Look for his yellow sweater cuff to find it.

Firstly, why do you look like your romancing Bert in the first picture and secondly, how do you spot a yellow sweater cuff on a black and white photo?

Only joking WOE, they are really really cool memories to have...really really cool!

goodrastus

Reaction score
I agree with Blinky about the quality vs cost aspect too. I also agree with KermieUK about Waldorf and Statler. While I like them as characters, I'd be more inclined to purchase a Bunsen and Beaker as replicas before them. If you look at the icons, I'd prefer something akin to the order there - but slot Bunsen and Beaker before the old guys. And I would like a Robin too!

Luke

Reaction score

AMEN! The collectors want these to be "Replicas" and i would pay almost any price for a Fozzie like Terry's prototype. I have felt better about Gonzo since seeing some of the better lit side angle shots but the Muppet puppets are beautiful - you shouldn't have to look at your replica from the side 4 feet away for it to look slightly like the Muppet.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
I think I was way too harsh - I think that without someone on the project as dedicated as Travis is to the Muppets you get these results. I am behind the new direction and I am giving the blah blah of the doubt. Fine I'll eat this one... but it's for the kids