Preliminary Thoughts on Master Replica's Fozzie Bear

Keeermit

Reaction score
all i hope is that they don't make the rubber tongue like they did with animal, I don't think they have a problem using foam at all - considering both animal AND gonzo have been given foam eyelids - I think its that they would have to be carved and that would take much longer and would end up costing more. Thats my opinion anyway. Because they can't go around saying we don't want to use foam because it rots away in time and then use foam on two of the three replicas to date - but where they have used foam its just sheet foam. ponder that for a while :embarrassed:

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
Even though he wasn't on Travis' list, I would also get Scooter. Again, another fleece-covered Muppet with a simple shape that they should be able to make.

While I would love to have "replicas" of Statler and Waldorf, those are the next two that I see being huge trouble maintaining the likenesses.
Does anyone have a link to the list Ernie mentions, I would be very interested to read it.

Thank you, I love reading all your posts.

Leanne

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the list Ernie mentions, I would be very interested to read it.

Thank you, I love reading all your posts.

Leanne
here you go Leanne.

Its a wish list from travis, do not take any of this as a green light for these to be made......notice no scooter! After a sucessfull poll for Scooter to be made I hope we may see him
Fozzie (Spring 2008)
Rizzo (Summer 2008)
Rowlf (Fall 2008)
Bunsen & Beaker (Spring 2009)
Statler & Waldorf (Fall 2009)
Sam the Eagle (Spring 2010)
Swedish Chef (Summer 2010)
Miss Piggy (Fall 2010)

Luke

Reaction score
all i hope is that they don't make the rubber tongue like they did with animal, I don't think they have a problem using foam at all - considering both animal AND gonzo have been given foam eyelids - I think its that they would have to be carved and that would take much longer and would end up costing more. Thats my opinion anyway. Because they can't go around saying we don't want to use foam because it rots away in time and then use foam on two of the three replicas to date - but where they have used foam its just sheet foam. ponder that for a while :embarrassed:
I think your absolutely right!

A lot seems to be coming down to budget and the factory abilities with these, although thats not what people are told. If the first factory pulled out because what they were doing was too time intensive for the money then there would have been no chance carving a nose.

I really wish they would just make "replicas" at whatever cost, using the same materials. That's what they announced and thats what they have the license to do. That is, if they could actually find anyone over there to make them that good. What they are doing now is great but they aren't that far from being perfect so they oughta just concentrate on the really high end collectors and go the whole way.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
here you go Leanne.

Its a wish list from travis, do not take any of this as a green light for these to be made......notice no scooter! After a sucessfull poll for Scooter to be made I hope we may see him
Fozzie (Spring 2008)
Rizzo (Summer 2008)
Rowlf (Fall 2008)
Bunsen & Beaker (Spring 2009)
Statler & Waldorf (Fall 2009)
Sam the Eagle (Spring 2010)
Swedish Chef (Summer 2010)
Miss Piggy (Fall 2010)

Thank you Antony, no relation to Angela Davanzo at all? This list sounds wonderful, although I thought that Piggy was coming out the end of the year. I am agast at only one female? surely they could balance it off with Janice, or even Camalia, a chicken would be cool.

A clothing range would be even fantastic Franklin Mint did this for their Lucy / Marylin and Jackie O Dolls. and they are wonderful. Think about Having Rowlf, Piggy and Janice with a set of Veterinarian Hospital outfits or for our very own Kermit the Frog, that Sesame Street fashionable trench coat and hat (Microphone accessory too) These are my own thoughts, but being a girl, I would naturally think of clothes and accessories. Sorry boys!

I totally agree that Scooter should be made, he was my favourite after Piggy when I was little. The main feature being the fantastic bomber jacket with the Muppet Show Logo on the back. Every Christmas I would ask Santa for one, alas, apparently Santa didn't have the license!

Does anyone know whether MR would fancy having at go at the Fraggles after they have exhausted the Muppets?

Keep up the posts guys, you are my number one source for my life long addiction. I love you all.

Leanne
x

(bring on the leading ladies!) :mad: :flirt: :excited:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Thank you Antony, no relation to Angela Davanzo at all?

I totally agree that Scooter should be made, he was my favourite after Piggy when I was little. The main feature being the fantastic bomber jacket with the Muppet Show Logo on the back. Every Christmas I would ask Santa for one, alas, apparently Santa didn't have the license!
Thats my Mum....how do you know her? :zany: You gotta let me know this as that is crazy! Do I know you at all
Anyhow, Scooter should be made, the poll we did clearly showed that he would be a fan fav and Terry did tell me that Scooter would be his no 1 Muppet to make.
Piggy is getting made after Fozzie, that list has since changed now....my hope is Piggy then Scooter then Rowlf.

Ant

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I thought Travis commented she might be bumped?
I may have missed that, I guess I am partly assuming its Piggy as its her name that is generally used for being after Fozzie. I would love to see her next OR Scooter.