Do you think of Sesame Street as a real street?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I aways figured that they live on a street together, but that they were talent hunted for their incredible math, alphabet, etc skills and asked to move to the street, knowing that they would be on a "Truman Show" type deal. I don't think they have scripts, but they know the cameras are there. Perhaps mechanical cameras, not ones with people carrying them.

So they can talk to the cameras as if they were addressing an audience when there is something specific they want to teach, but otherwise get on with their lives.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I wish it was a real street, but I don't mind it being a television one.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I aways figured that they live on a street together, but that they were talent hunted for their incredible math, alphabet, etc skills and asked to move to the street, knowing that they would be on a "Truman Show" type deal. I don't think they have scripts, but they know the cameras are there. Perhaps mechanical cameras, not ones with people carrying them.

So they can talk to the cameras as if they were addressing an audience when there is something specific they want to teach, but otherwise get on with their lives.
Agreed. And considering the part of inner-city New York that SS is supposed to exist on is within the quiet neighborhood limits, I would like to have my inner child still think that SS somewhat exists.

Plus, as all Muppet fans would attest to, we would probably like to consider the characters as different entities than just someone attached to a performer or an actor.

So yes, Carrol Spinney "knows" Oscar the Grouch and Big Bird, but sans Jim & Kermit (which was--for me, personally--more of a partnership than anything, like it was with Walt & Mickey), even in stage show-esque sequences in which Muppet characters interact with real-time people outside of the ones they see every time they perform, we would like to believe that--somehow--Carrol Spinney is different than Oscar the Grouch and Big Bird (even though we know logically, that Carrol performs both characters).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know what you mean. It's like Carroll is someone who lives down the street form Oscar and Big Bird know. He might be a performer, but not of those tow.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I know what you mean. It's like Carroll is someone who lives down the street form Oscar and Big Bird know. He might be a performer, but not of those tow.
Same with Jerry Nelson and The Count or Gobo. We know logically that Jerry performs those characters, but our inner child would still like to think that The Count and Gobo are seperate entities from Jerry.

muppetfan89

Reaction score
Do you ever wish that Sesame Street was real?

I know I do. I would love to walk down the street and see Big Bird and Snuffy playing with each other. I would love also love seeing Super Grover flaying through the air, yelling, "Down! Down! And away!" I would also love seeing all the humans. How about you?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I would be a little freaked out seeing as Big Bird never ages.:smirk:

muppet baby

Reaction score
I really love this tread so much i am so glad that someone thought of this besides me. I really though i am serious about this very much :big_grin: one thing that i love looking at is the fact that it is a wonderful way to just sit back and let the world go away, kind of like Alice and Wonderland haha. Sesame Street, i am so glad that i got back in to again after being away from during my high school years because i really could not watch to much TV, do to the fact that i have some learning disbilties and some subjects in school where so hard . I really missed it very much better late than never. I could watch every eposde of the show so many times and never get tired of it .

:smile: