Ask Travis: A Master Replicas Photo Puppet Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Fozzie is still in the works -- but due to the complicated nature of the product, the vendor we had HOPED to use has passed on the project. And so, we're shopping for a new vendor... which has set the project back a bit. We're probably looking at Spring 2009 now. Not much more we can do -- the vendor we had hoped to use took a crack at a prototype, but found it too difficult, and respectfully passed.
There. Does anyone believe me now?

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Hey all-

Once again, here I am WAAAAY late in posting anything. But, I am leaving for a nice 9-day vacation (which frankly is LONG overdue) and I didn't want to make you guys wait another week and a half for an update.

Except that, sadly, there's not update to give.

Fozzie is still in the works -- but due to the complicated nature of the product, the vendor we had HOPED to use has passed on the project. And so, we're shopping for a new vendor... which has set the project back a bit. We're probably looking at Spring 2009 now. Not much more we can do -- the vendor we had hoped to use took a crack at a prototype, but found it too difficult, and respectfully passed.

Nothing else to add at this point. Sorry that I've been away so long, but I promise I will pop in and let you know if and when things progress.

How's everything else going for y'all? :wink:

Couple of quick notes:

Davina - where are the cookies I was promised? :embarrassed:

muppetguy - Love the song...but don't give up your day job. Unless your day job is lyricist. :smile:

Reevz1977 - Of COURSE I still like you... except for Blinky_Fish. He creeps me out.

Talk to you all soon(ish)-

T

Thanks Travis! What a bummer, we don't get no Muppets foir 2008. Oh well.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Travis!

Oh, it's so nice to hear from you. I see you liked my version of He'll make me happy....lol. I can't wait to get Fozzie, so badly. I also can't wait for Piggy. I NEED HER DESPERATELY. Everytime I watch a muppet film or the seasons, I want her more and more. I can't wait. Let me know what you think. I know you will probably want to get fozzie going before her, I just wanted to say how much I'd like her too. HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION....I WONDER WHERE YOU'RE GOING? ENJOY!:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks Travis! What a bummer, we don't get no Muppets foir 2008. Oh well.
I know what you mean but i take it they are still doing the Electric Mayhem figures? I guess we don't know if they went beyond prototype.

I really hope they can find someone who can make a decent looking Fozzie at a cost that makes it worthwhile Master Replicas putting him out. I'd be willing to pay more if it came to it even if they just put out 500.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
It's been so long I just wanted to remind us as I had forgotten, post questions to Travis in bold. To make it easier on him.

Shall we start the countdown to his vaca ending in 9 days? He's not going to want it to end, and we're counting down the days till it does. We are cruel. LOL

Um, Now I regress and ask all of us, if it could be done in the 2008 time schedule,and if the much smaller size does actually mean that it would be easier to produce. Which of Robin, Rizzo or Pepe would you prefer they made to get something in 2008 for us? It's a hypothetical. Terry and OWE can we get your comments on that. Just if it is easier with a smaller character, logistics, etc.

Glad to see your alive and well Trav-Daddy, how is be-be?

Kevin Knight

Davina

Reaction score
Pepe.. definately Pepe.. we have next to nothing of him...... that and I would love to get a good Pepe to take a picture of him and our little "Pepe" (the pooch in my avatar...) before she finally decides she's done... *sigh* poor thing can't do stares anymore and doesn't always walk so well anymore..
So I want Pepe most of all...

Luke

Reaction score
Um, Now I regress and ask all of us, if it could be done in the 2008 time schedule,and if the much smaller size does actually mean that it would be easier to produce. Which of Robin, Rizzo or Pepe would you prefer they made to get something in 2008 for us? It's a hypothetical. Terry and OWE can we get your comments on that. Just if it is easier with a smaller character, logistics, etc.
I would prefer Rizzo, or maybe Pepe. I think Rizzo would be cool because you could pose him in different themes, and maybe people might buy more to make up other rats. Just because they're small doesn't make them easy though, just less materials - something like Beaker would probably be easiest to design and produce. Hypothetically of course, as they still had the problem of finding competant factories to produce them for the budget even with Animal and Gonzo, so if we just saw a Fozzie, sometime, anytime, i'd be more than happy.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Oh heck yeah, that's what I said in like my second to last post and I agree with you. If they need to totaly concentrate, then by all means starve us. I'd rather not see or hear anything for 8 months and get a stellar Fozzie (just like Terry's prototype) than get be spoonfed to keep my interest. Basically MR; we ain't going no where. but I thought asking the question about pepe, Rizzo, and Robin if posed (no pun intended) would be thought provoking at best.

Kevin

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My preference has always been Pepe. Rizzo has never been a particular favorite of mine, however I like the idea that a Rizzo pattern could possibly unlock a way to mix and match parts resulting in multiple rats. That's probably too complicated. Also if Rizzo comes out he'd likely look modern anyway so why not just make modern Muppet Pepe? I believe Travis did say he preferred the classic characters. I like the idea of Robin too.

My dream lineup of 5 to follow Kermit, Animal, Gonzo, Fozzie, Piggy = Pepe, Scooter, Rowlf, Teeth, Beaker. Duos would be so hard to pack together and so hard to sell singularly except for Beaker. As far as popular character sales - Rizzo, Sam or Chef would fare better than Scooter or Teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.