Ask Travis: A Master Replicas Photo Puppet Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

I'm really getting worried about you. Hey! Travis lets get back to work here before Kevin really loses it. :wink::wink:

Take care guys
Terry, dont you mean Reevz1977? who mentioned the cloning.Kevin was the prior post that Reevz1977 added on to.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Terry, dont you mean Reevz1977? who mentioned the cloning.Kevin was the prior post that Reevz1977 added on to.
No, no, no. Terry was very smart. He knew that whilst I was perfecting my dance moves from High School Musical, Kevin slipped right past me, went up to my computer and typed that message. I would NEVER even suggest such action:shifty: Well spotted Terry:wink:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I just want to know why MR would not let Terry start working on the next photo puppet while they are looking for a new factory. To me, it would make more sence if we had the other one ready while they are making Fozzie. I don't know why we bother saying what we would like to see be made after Fozzie....we might be lucky if we can get one more photo puppet out before the license is over. :sympathy:

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
That is definetely a question for the clones, The real Terry, and definetely should be a bold question for Trav-Daddy.

I could speculate that in the time that it takes finding a factory, and negotiations, that the price MR would have to pay to a factory for such a daunting, and huge product could reflect on the end MSRP, therefore money being wrapped in that first.

We however, cannot speculate, and I would never disrespect Terry in asking (in a public forum) how much he's paid to make each photo proto. I have complete faith that Fozzie WILL be made. But no gaurantee has ever been made on any after. Just based on facts and my assumptions.

Any one care to offer any other. Terry?

Kevin

muppetperson

Reaction score
I just want to know why MR would not let Terry start working on the next photo puppet while they are looking for a new factory. To me, it would make more sence if we had the other one ready while they are making Fozzie. I don't know why we bother saying what we would like to see be made after Fozzie....we might be lucky if we can get one more photo puppet out before the license is over. :sympathy:
I would say that MR are showing financial restraint.Things are tough for Popco, they had to sell off their Corgi diecast.So I would say they are waiting it out till things are more rosie.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Must be SLACKER season

Um, well - It's almost September - No Leaks yet, any info on the Stuff yet?

Better hurry up before the Tax incentive is really spent:rolleyes:

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
A little something new.

Guys I just wanted to enlighten you as to the small bit o news we recieved over at MR from Tom.

As of the most recent release schedule Fozzie was not on the list and that particular list goes up to the 1st half of 2009. That's the most up to date news that I have, I'll let you know once I have more.
I asked if that schedule was set in stone, even if things change with finding a factory. We haven't gotten an answer on that yet. But patience is a virtue. Fozzie will be a big S-O-B. My fear is just the same that factory issues have wasted a year of MR's license time. I take it contracts with factory's are per product, not years?

BTW with Animal, I found that eye issues like the separation and pupil size are REALLY solved with cool sunglasses. He looks awesom. I also lightly sprayed water on the sides of Animals head and let the feathers dry on their own. It really settled down. NICE.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
That does not sound too good kevin, I think we will get Fozzie next X Mas which does not give MR much time to make many more replicas, I can see the line stopping at Piggy 9if they get there).
Thanks for passing on the news,

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Guys I just wanted to enlighten you as to the small bit o news we recieved over at MR from Tom.

I asked if that schedule was set in stone, even if things change with finding a factory. We haven't gotten an answer on that yet. But patience is a virtue. Fozzie will be a big S-O-B. My fear is just the same that factory issues have wasted a year of MR's license time. I take it contracts with factory's are per product, not years?

BTW with Animal, I found that eye issues like the separation and pupil size are REALLY solved with cool sunglasses. He looks awesom. I also lightly sprayed water on the sides of Animals head and let the feathers dry on their own. It really settled down. NICE.
Thanks for the update Kev, I've never known anyone ignore their own thread as much as Travis - though chances are he's pretty busy playing daddy. I just wish he'd remember his MC babies:sympathy:

Anyhoot, does anyone else feel that late next year for our next poser is a tad too long to wait? MR's sporadic releases for these posers seems remarkably strange even with the factory issues - there seems to be little in the way of a contingency plan. That just my thoughts:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.