Ask Travis: A Master Replicas Photo Puppet Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I have a friend who's seen a tentative release schedule for all of 2009 and Fozzie is not on it.

It all hinges on a factory. If there's no factory, there's no Fozzie.

:stick_out_tongue:

mickeymouse18

Reaction score
I'm really getting worried now :frown: I hope they have chance at least to make fozzie, then rizzo and someone from the electric mayhem (or all but maybe pushing it!) then at least they all have a connection; kemit and fozzie, rizzo and gonzo, animal and the electric mayhem.

just wondering, could they extend the licence past the five years? How long did they have star wars?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I think the Muppet photo puppets wont go beyond the current 3.They may say that they still plan to make Fozzie, but all the signs point otherwise.With China leading in World factories and MR cant find a suitable factory,time is running out, and they arent going forward with a Miss Piggy prototype-the writing is on the wall.R.I.P.:frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think the Muppet photo puppets wont go beyond the current 3.They may say that they still plan to make Fozzie, but all the signs point otherwise.With China leading in World factories and MR cant find a suitable factory,time is running out, and they arent going forward with a Miss Piggy prototype-the writing is on the wall.R.I.P.:frown:
Why would time be running out? MR holds the Muppet poser license for quite a while and they've spent a lot of money in developing the model. I believe Fozzie will eventually come out, but beyond that is anyone's guess. :embarrassed:

muppetperson

Reaction score
The license expires at the end of 2010.considering that Fozzie doesnt look like he will come out next year, that only leaves 12 months left.MR dont appear to be active because they could be getting Terry to work on the Miss Piggy prototype.Lots of money has been spent but if the line isnt that successful, then they have to decide whether it is worth the risk of spending more money or pulling out.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The license expires at the end of 2010.considering that Fozzie doesnt look like he will come out next year, that only leaves 12 months left.MR dont appear to be active because they could be getting Terry to work on the Miss Piggy prototype.Lots of money has been spent but if the line isnt that successful, then they have to decide whether it is worth the risk of spending more money or pulling out.
That's 27.5 months that MR has to find a factory to make Fozzie and get him to market. The sky is not falling. At least not for a long while. Over two seasons of television programs will be shot, aired and have DVD sets resting on store shelves during that time. Major motion pictures are created released and have sequels in post production in that span of time - not to mention the new Fraggle Rock film, the new Muppet movie and several Muppet television specials will be among the projects that will have begun and released in that amount of time. :embarrassed:

All of this to say - if there's a market for a quality Fozzie (and possibly Piggy) MR will gladly get them to us. :wink:

muppetperson

Reaction score
That's 27.5 months that MR has to find a factory to make Fozzie and get him to market.
why that may seem a long time and lots of things can be done in that time, it is only a bit over 2 years left, and you have to take into consideration that these photo puppets take a long time to make.Gonzo took a year and a half from announcement to release and that was while the factory was working on him.There is no factory work even on Fozzie yet.As much as I would love Fozzie to be made,MR dont seem to have the drive to make any more.Time will tell.:wisdom:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
why that may seem a long time and lots of things can be done in that time, it is only a bit over 2 years left, and you have to take into consideration that these photo puppets take a long time to make.Gonzo took a year and a half from announcement to release and that was while the factory was working on him.There is no factory work even on Fozzie yet.As much as I would love Fozzie to be made,MR dont seem to have the drive to make any more.Time will tell.:wisdom:
I understand how the business works. Actually most of the work has been done on Fozzie and there are plenty of factories out there. Right now it really is about weighing quality and price. It's just a weird sort of product.

Just because we're not privy to everything happening with the production of this product is no reason to claim the sky is falling on a Fozzie poser. I see no reason for the pessimism with so little actual information to go on. The fact that we got the other three even through all their individual problems is a testament to Master Replicas. Kermit took a long while to finally launch, then there was a huge wait between him and Animal (for various reasons) and then Gonzo came out a few weeks later. The only thing predictable about the Muppet collectibles market is that it is unpredictable. MR has enough Muppety goodness on the market right now. There really is no rush except for us fans. I wanmeafozzie!

I know Travis would very much like to get this product to market! Not only is he in charge of the Muppet products, he’s a huge fan and a long time Muppet Central family member. I would like to hear a "Mupdate" from him on this product. :sing:

mickeymouse18

Reaction score
Is there any chance that master replicas could extend the contract? I hope so! For me the priority needs to be that the posers made are connected if you get me, so if they do stop being made they aren't random. So atm priority should be kermit and fozzie, gonzo and rizzo, animal and the electric mayhem. Then I hope others can be made, piggy, rowlf, bunsen and beaker, statler and waldorf :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.