Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

Luke

Reaction score
Actually the puppets were fixed up to play the munchkins in The Muppets' Wizard of Oz...which is also where the gas mask Rizzo wears in the one opening came from.
Aw silly me - yes they were in MWOZ. Yes, erm, ive tried to put a mental blackout on that movie. lol :zany:

Greg - if ur speakin to them could you ask why Muppets.com is just going to the main Disney page? Standard practice i guess so people see all their stuff, not just Muppets - but its confusing!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Actually the puppets were fixed up to play the munchkins in The Muppets' Wizard of Oz...which is also where the gas mask Rizzo wears in the one opening came from.

No, Brian has not walked away from the Muppets, although he is very busy with running the Henson Co. and whatnot. However I think this recast (similar to Brian passing the Scooter and Janice recasts off to others) may been mainly because Brain was not a real strong Newsman replacement in the first place and not comfortable/interested in continuing. He took him on for "The Muppet Show Live" but I don't know if that was ment to be a permanent replacement or just the best or most convenient they could get at the time. I personally think Steve is great as the Newsman and I hope we see more of him in the future.

From the main page scroll the navigation wheel in the upper-left, click on the gadgets icon and then open the News Flash Ticker. This will launch in the window...or you can add the gadget to your DxD profile.

The music clips are intended to be just that, audio clips. Users can add the songs to their DxD profiles and you can listen to sample from the various Muppet CDs... there are no plans to add video or other visuals to music clips in the music section... however some musical video clips may be added to the video sections in the future.:coy:
Is the opening all we get this week as far as updates?

I also think Steve is going to really do a great job with the News man as well cant wait to see more things with him.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Greg - if ur speakin to them could you ask why Muppets.com is just going to the main Disney page? Standard practice i guess so people see all their stuff, not just Muppets - but its confusing!
Going to Muppets.com should take you right to the Muppets' page. That's the way it is set-up and is designed to work. And it works that way for me. I go to Muppets.com and the Muppet site comes right up. There might be an individual issue with your browser/system and DxD. However going to Muppets.com should be taking you right to the Muppets.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
have any of you all went to any other parts of Xd i have been finding myself at the Micky Mouse part playiing some of there games. :super:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Where does everyone keep seeing "Muppet Newsman?" I can't find where that clip is?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Going to Muppets.com should take you right to the Muppets' page. That's the way it is set-up and is designed to work. And it works that way for me. I go to Muppets.com and the Muppet site comes right up. There might be an individual issue with your browser/system and DxD. However going to Muppets.com should be taking you right to the Muppets.
For some reason it doesn't always work that way for me. I think they're still hammering that bit out. There is an inconsistency to it both on my PC laptop and my partner's Mac. :embarrassed:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Where does everyone keep seeing "Muppet Newsman?" I can't find where that clip is?
On the main page go up to the navigation wheel in the upper-left corner, scroll through it and click on the "gadgets" icon, then open the News Flash Ticker and you'll see the Newsman clips.

For some reason it doesn't always work that way for me. I think they're still hammering that bit out. There is an inconsistency to it both on my PC laptop and my partner's Mac.
The tech team is probably still working all the kinks out. With all the computers and systems out there, they probably still have some things to work out so everyone can run everything smoothly...the site only been online for a week. But it should be directing you right to the Muppets section.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Dude, the muppet newsman is really hilarious! It seems that if he's in the middle of a newsflash, something silly happens, like having a piano fall on him or 100,000 golfballs being hit at him, or whatever else you can think of!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea the site is so cool cant wait for them to add more