Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey i can't understand why no one has played the remix game. It's kind of cool

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hey i can't understand why no one has played the remix game. It's kind of cool
I have. It's kind of cool, but once is enough for me.

On another topic - the volume level resetting to blaringly loud with each new page on Muppets.com is an issue the designers should address. It's a fantastic site, but I would log in more frequently if the sound didn't just start up like that. I surf a lot at work, but never to Muppets.com. That and the main stage reload that takes the user back to the "Say Cheese!" portion every time too. It's a little clumsy in the architecture, but the comedy is always golden! :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have. It's kind of cool, but once is enough for me.

On another topic - the volume level resetting to blaringly loud with each new page on Muppets.com is an issue the designers should address. It's a fantastic site, but I would log in more frequently if the sound didn't just start up like that. I surf a lot at work, but never to Muppets.com. That and the main stage reload that takes the user back to the "Say Cheese!" portion every time too. It's a little clumsy in the architecture, but the comedy is always golden! :smile:
I know what you mean. I have a lot of ideas for Muppets.com I just wish I could get my foot in the door to pitch them to someone. I had a real cool idea for the Muppet Whatnots and get Muppets.com some money at the same time. I piched the idea to Jim Lewis he loved it but that's about as far as it went.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I have a lot of ideas for Muppets.com I just wish I could get my foot in the door to pitch them to someone. I had a real cool idea for the Muppet Whatnots and get Muppets.com some money at the same time. I piched the idea to Jim Lewis he loved it but that's about as far as it went.
Oooh, what were these ideas (if you don't mind me asking)?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i don't want to post them here but I'll send them to you in a PM because I don't want anyone to steal them.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well i don't want to post them here but I'll send them to you in a PM because I don't want anyone to steal them.
Cool, I gotcha. Funny enough, I just signed a nondisclosure form this week pertaining to some client work. But that's all I can say, of course. :shifty: It's non-Muppety work though.

Muppets.com uses Flash in some very good ways and in some trickier, stickier ways too. I always try to make my own Flash work friendly. Maybe one day I will apply over at Disney, but I've always been afraid to peek too far behind the curtain there.

I like the content of Muppets.com and some of the art direction, but the set up is rather clunky. Still better than their old Muppet Studios site that looked more like an abandoned prison than a Muppet theme park. I wish the clips were easier to access on the new site and didn't require so much clicking around. That back pack element is always covering something I'm trying to look at and a little cumbersome to move at times. They really should get rid of the elements that get between the user and the clips.

These days I'm just happy to see new Muppet stuff on the web!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I agree I think Muppet.com is great and has some very wonderful content. I think it just needs a more Muppet Show feel to it. Do you remembre muppet world.com that had cgi Muppets. I kind of liked it but it ran so slow.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree I think Muppet.com is great and has some very wonderful content. I think it just needs a more Muppet Show feel to it. Do you remembre muppet world.com that had cgi Muppets. I kind of liked it but it ran so slow.
That was an interesting site. The CG element was a bit strange, but that site had so much potential. I think the Muppets significantly dropped their marketing push after MFS until VMX. That really was a dark time for Muppets, but this site flourished. :wink:

The web is littered with ideas that don't get off the ground. I'm glad that Disney decided to keep Muppets.com active. I just wish they had devoted fans designing the format. The Muppets are a very different sort of property than the rest of Disney. It would be a great help.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I know i mean i know that they have the imput of people like Jim Lewis and the Muppeters to some extent or maybe not, but If the Muppets try and get to modern then we could see another MFS, and that would not be good. That's kind of what I fear with Jason Seagl's script. He has talked a good talk about it, but we wont really know untill we see it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know i mean i know that they have the imput of people like Jim Lewis and the Muppeters to some extent or maybe not, but If the Muppets try and get to modern then we could see another MFS, and that would not be good. That's kind of what I fear with Jason Seagl's script. He has talked a good talk about it, but we wont really know untill we see it.
I agree with you. All the Muppets need are a good dusting off and a shine on their classic roots. Segel's passion and ideas have given me hope, but I believe a good Muppet project would be somewhere inbetween Lewis and Segel. Could be like chocolate and peanut butter. :embarrassed: The thing is, we don't know how much follow-through is really happening. The Halloween special makes me hopeful.

Muppets.com really just needs to keep up the funny clips and craft the site to easily facilitate the viewing of them. Everything after that is icing. Some of the icing (site structure, clip loading and volume settings) they're using now does hinder viewing the clips. It also seems that they are spending time making the site look Muppety, but aren't using real Muppety reference.