MINDstyle to make 25th Ann. Fraggle figures!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
These are fantastic! I see they lost the letters and numbers bases completely. Good call. That is likely why some appear to be leaning a little on the flat surfaces, but find them a corner and you're set. These are beautiful. From texture and color to likeness and fluid poses these are "the" Fraggle figures to own.

The busts are handled better than I had imagined and they are quite attractive. Muppety/Fraggley hair is always a problem in products, but they've made a good decision in sculpting it “gesturally” rather than by strands (that could appear spikey) creating a softer more Fraggley result.

:coy: I do like the inclusion of background Fraggles as that is what makes any collection seem real. Eye focus, facial subtleties, the Fraggle 6 (with Matt), Doozers, Sprocket, the Trash Heap and a Gorg (Pa instead of Junior) makes for a more than complete initial series! Doozer size has to be my least favorite part, but I expected that. In the future I would like to see a full-bodied Sprocket, more Gorgs, a scale Doozer scene and just more Fraggley goodness. Do we know what size these will actually be?

MindStyle people please don't hide these guys away in blind boxing. They are way too wonderful for that. :excited:

Definite A work! Thanks twasbrillig12 for posting this! We needed it! :busy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
What I mean is...Do you think we'd get plausable figurines that could have moveable parts and that could be enjoyed ala the Street's Super Grover figurine?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What I mean is...Do you think we'd get plausable figurines that could have moveable parts and that could be enjoyed ala the Street's Super Grover figurine?
This company doesn't do that sort of figure and these were not indended for articulation like Super Grover or the Palisades Gobo prototype. These are more like high-end PVC figures or like bigger Muppet Minis from Palisades. It makes for a much more fluid pose, but a static one at that. :coy:

I like 'em!

Drtooth

Reaction score
These are fantastic! I see they lost the letters and numbers bases completely. Good call. That is likely why some appear to be leaning a little on the flat surfaces, but find them a corner and you're set. These are beautiful. From texture and color to likeness and fluid poses these are "the" Fraggle figures to own.

I think they should come with Bases, just not letter/number ones. I wish I could think up an example. Something like rocks or something. It looks like Gobo should be sitting on a rock formation. Or maybe something smaller, like the Muppet figures had, with "Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock" painted or sculpted into them. Something cheap to produce that gives it a more artistic style.

Other than that unrelated Doozer figure (which looks like it could retail anywhere from 20 to 60 bucks... I've seen vynal big figure prices, they tend to hover around that mark, usually the more expensive part of the scale) I don't think so. Just not yet, anyway.

Redsonga

Reaction score
They have them for kids, but serious collectors constantly complain about how they lack detail, and don;t buy them anyway.
Than I am glad I am not a serious collector :wink: *plays with her X-Men and ponies and makes Toyfair like comics with them* Not being a kid is overrated anyway :big_grin:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Maybe, when the FR movie premieres, we'll get posable figures. Here's to hoping!