Does anybody think you're weird for watching Sesame Street?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I watched the GI Joe cartoon when I was little to, and I never felt like I should'nt watch it. My daddy had been in the army though, so I was use to the whole idea. I also watched X-Men, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...
You know, I don't think I ever was given a 'this show is just for boys/girls' talk at all. My parents were never like that :smile:
I'm sure this is probably true for girls too, but it's also societal pressures and friend that can sort of put you down for liking things that are targeted at girls or for them. It's like you just don't fit in or are normal it you life things for girls. There are show for boys with elements that are targeted at a girl audience more the there are show for girls that have things targeted at boys. But Sesame Street is a very neutral, and that kind of thing according to society is okay for boys. But it was originally decided that sesame should be more targeted from a boys perspective because that appeals to both boys and girls both. And it was decided that shows that are targeted toward a female audience done really attract or appeal to boys as much. So that has a lot to do with it. All I know it if a boy ever played with dolls at any point in his life, he is usually more likely to be looked at funny by males and females both then it a girl played with action figures.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm sure this is probably true for girls too, but it's also societal pressures and friend that can sort of put you down for liking things that are targeted at girls or for them. It's like you just don't fit in or are normal it you life things for girls. There are show for boys with elements that are targeted at a girl audience more the there are show for girls that have things targeted at boys. But Sesame Street is a very neutral, and that kind of thing according to society is okay for boys. But it was originally decided that sesame should be more targeted from a boys perspective because that appeals to both boys and girls both. And it was decided that shows that are targeted toward a female audience done really attract or appeal to boys as much. So that has a lot to do with it. All I know it if a boy ever played with dolls at any point in his life, he is usually more likely to be looked at funny by males and females both then it a girl played with action figures.
Hmm..I gave my best friend a Barbie because he had never had one and did'nt think anything of it, but then I was an only child who never had others to play with :\.
I have always had toy cars and action figures to :coy: .
I guess the boy pov is true of SS..I never thought of it that way though. Somehow the most of the SS muppets being boys idea did not seem to equal it being a boys perspective show...Hmmm..maybe because most of the characters are'nt human?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I mean with things like say a clip about children playing with or watching frogs or cars or something instead of playing with dolls or something that's seem more a a girl activity. Things that boys and girls generally have more in common with. I personally have never judged a boy playing with dolls, but I know a lot of people who have...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well, I mean with things like say a clip about children playing with or watching frogs or cars or something instead of playing with dolls or something that's seem more a a girl activity. Things that boys and girls generally have more in common with. I personally have never judged a boy playing with dolls, but I know a lot of people who have...
Well there is also that factor that at a certean age boys dont like girls and girls dont like boys, so that would sometimes make it hard to shoot things with kids playing the same thing all the time.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well there is also that factor that at a certean age boys dont like girls and girls dont like boys, so that would sometimes make it hard to shoot things with kids playing the same thing all the time.
I've always liked boys :3 They did what I said, other girls were mean to me :cry: . So every case is different...
The good thing is it does'nt matter because SS is so good at what they do :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've always liked boys :3 They did what I said, other girls were mean to me :cry: . So every case is different...
Oh I've been there! I put up with a lot of clique-ish nonesense from girls and prefered to hang out with boys. Of course, some attempts were successful in this area, and some weren't. Boys often go through that cruel phase of not liking girls, heh.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Oh I've been there! I put up with a lot of clique-ish nonesense from girls and prefered to hang out with boys. Of course, some attempts were successful in this area, and some weren't. Boys often go through that cruel phase of not liking girls, heh.
Well i always liked girls and played good with them, and i still do to this day. I love ladys and i hope they at least like me back.

On that note when i was looking for a date i would be more scared telling them i watch Sesame Street then my age or anything else.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't normally have a reason for telling anyone...
I don't hide it but most of the time they don't have a reason to bring it up...

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I guess I'l just 3peat the post I've posted a couple times.
This doesn't most of the time directly go alongside liking the Muppets, but that one thing often makes people think of me as some freak. This one guy that I'm in a play with at school seems to think I'm just someone who goes home and does nothing but watch Muppets and used that as a build-up to continually bother me (he's obsessed with telling me that I have a "nice ***"). I also got in a big fight with my friend a few months ago because he insisted that TMS and SS were the same exact thing ("a puppet is a puppet") and he blabbed about it to some other guy whom I'm in the play with and he constantly walks up to me and says "So, the Muppets and Sesame Street are the same exact thing?" to push my buttons and everytime I wear a shirt with a Muppet on it, he always has to pipe in, "he's from Sesame Street, right?" People can be so judgemental...
It's amazing to think the same people who are tearing about my interests, labeling it "immature" are the ones watching Family Guy and Shrek movies. It's really a pain that I wish people could just get over and see the true colors of us.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I guess I'l just 3peat the post I've posted a couple times.

It's amazing to think the same people who are tearing about my interests, labeling it "immature" are the ones watching Family Guy and Shrek movies. It's really a pain that I wish people could just get over and see the true colors of us.
Ewww. Just...ewww. It's bad enough that this jerk insulted you for being a Muppet fan, but the way he used it as a starting point for more serious harrassment is downright evil. :eek: