Your Gonzo Replica Pictures

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I must admit that your photoshop eye placement change and fur trim made me think twice about not getting a Gonzo. I really don't get why MR doesn't crack down on eye position with these things. I'd rather they get rid of the white plastic lid things and have the eyes in the right spot than have moveable eyes. I can't wait for fozzie though as there should be NO issue with eye placement on him...or else...
I suspect quality control and eye placement will improve with Travis helming the Muppet brand over at MR. It still boggles my mind how anyone can mass-produce a Muppet, much less get the pupils uniform. However, they really should and can be better at $299 a pop. I think it will be an easy fix.

General Question:
About the nose, I was wondering before I got him if there was some sort of material that could "frost" the nose fabric? I probably won't go that rout, but am still curious.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
BAD NEWS for those of use who ordered Gonzo through the Collector Zone. I spoke to Paul today who said that he has been in contact with their buyer and Gonzo in currently being shipped over from the US and will not be here for another month:sympathy: I really hoped we'd see him ALOT sooner. :frown:

SO, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find a UK retailer who has him IN STOCK and ready to ship :search:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Thats a real bummer!

I guess we were spoilt when we got Animal at the same time as US customers.

If he is being shipped across, it usually takes about 6 weeks to ship, so maybe the date of April 1st is accurate?

Forbiddenplanet.co.uk has him up for sale, but they also have Sun 30th March as the arrival date. I doubt we will find another UK dealer. If you want him quicker we will have to pay Airmail postage costs from US. A friend of mine in US had Kermit delievered to her then posted him to me, so I would get him fast, he was just over $80 to post by Airmail, I think! But a post aslo says Gonzo is heavier, so he will cost more. Also Gonzo in the US is $299, approx £160 plus postage, he is going to be about £50 more than waiting for collector zone?

It hurts, but I gotta just wait! At least we have more time to save before we get billed!

Chris:concern:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
BAD NEWS for those of use who ordered Gonzo through the Collector Zone. I spoke to Paul today who said that he has been in contact with their buyer and Gonzo in currently being shipped over from the US and will not be here for another month:sympathy: I really hoped we'd see him ALOT sooner. :frown:

SO, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find a UK retailer who has him IN STOCK and ready to ship :search:
Its gonna be up to 4 weeks....2 weeks at the earliest but like Kermie UK said, its kinda closer to another pay check! I dont think any retailer will have him in stock plus TCZ are gonna get him 1st.
We were lucky to get Animal so quickly, Im looking forward to seeing more pics thought. Have you all read Muppet Capers review? The pics are really good and its a great read.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Its gonna be up to 4 weeks....2 weeks at the earliest but like Kermie UK said, its kinda closer to another pay check! I dont think any retailer will have him in stock plus TCZ are gonna get him 1st.
We were lucky to get Animal so quickly, Im looking forward to seeing more pics thought. Have you all read Muppet Capers review? The pics are really good and its a great read.
Are you on commission...are ya, are ya? Eh eh, are ya? :big_grin: :big_grin:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I wish...........hey muppetCaper, how are you getting on with Gonzo?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I wish...........hey muppetCaper, how are you getting on with Gonzo?

I simply love him! dispite his little flaw. I am glad that I got him. He looks awesome with Kermit and Animal. Now that I have soaked in Gonzo, I am so ready for Fozzie now! :wink:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
good news for me! just got home from work and checked the ol email.. saborvault emailed me saying "These are suppose to be here
tomorrow (2/12/08), and will head your way then...should be
there by Friday." :insatiable: yooo hooo! :excited: well Im all pumped now! :big_grin:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I simply love him! dispite his little flaw. I am glad that I got him. He looks awesome with Kermit and Animal. Now that I have soaked in Gonzo, I am so ready for Fozzie now! :wink:
I read that you may add pink to his lip which I agree may need some colour. How would you do this?