What type of animal are Fraggles really?

Gold Demona

Reaction score
lol, you have a point there.
*shrug* I dunno. They just don't seem like egglayers to me.

This leads me to wonder just how spread apart the fraggle mating seasons are, ya know?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, I think they are much longer lived than humans so they age slower, so it might be something like every five years or something once they are adults...But since they a lot like humans in thinking IMHO I think that some might mature sooner and that the adults have a certain amount of control over if and when they mate...
Because of this I think their ideas of love are a lot like humans (only without any of our bad habits)...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
On the subject of where fraggles come from, I don't like to think about it too much. If anything, I consider it as an "every time a bell rings, an angel gets it's wings" sort of situation.

It's hard for me to consider what type of animal they resemble, because I think the inspiration of the fraggle style didn't come from nature, but rather, how they could adapt the "muppet look" to create a creature from another world.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I guess it is just a fanfic writer habit to think too much *lol* :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I thought of another animal they share a lot in common with: The muskrat.
A somewhat playful/moody little animal that loves to swim, can hold their breath for up to twenty mins, and has waterproof fur that looks just like a fraggles :3

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Not a bad idea, actually. For some reason, Fraggles could have evolved bigger eyes (since darkness isn't really a factor, thanks to the Ditzies), hairless heads/arms/legs (for the most part, anyway), and a poofy furball on their tails. And they're rather quick on land, since they had to outrun Gorgs.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think gorgs and fraggles might have evolved together, the fraggles always feeding a little bit off them without noticing it, and so learning to run on land would have been an early lesson :3.
I like thinking about these things and fraggles as animals since I was raised on one too many nature shows :stick_out_tongue: (not that it takes away from how human like fraggles are, but then we humans are animals to so... ^.^)

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Well, I always believed Fraggles gave "live births" like other mammals. I really don't think they're the egg laying type, especially when you consider the Wembley's egg episode. If Fraggles WERE hatched from eggs, why would they laugh at Wembley? At least ONE Fraggle there would have to know the truth to where Fraggle babies come from.

And they're probably of the rodent variety, considering the Gorgs treat them as such and they "live in the wall" (technically) of Doc's shed. But you know, they stand out as their own unique species, too.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I don't know if any of you know, but has anyone considered Fraggles to be Monotremes - that is, egg laying mammals. Like Echidnas.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I think Redsonga mentioned the platypus. They lay eggs.