Fraggle Rock fanfic: Song Of A Midnight Place

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yay, more to read :big_grin:

And please keep posting this at fanfiction.net, too, there is a SERIOUS lack of FR stuff there :frown:
I know, it is like a FR wasteland..which is weird, considering the sorts of fandoms that get lots of fanfic there :confused:
I guess I will just have to write many fics set in my version of the FR universe to make up for it...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I know, it's crazy - I did a random search, and Cyberchase and Ecco the Dolphin have more fanfiction than Fraggle Rock does!

Maybe it'll flare up a little when the movie comes out? But I'm a little worried about the kind of funky stuff we might see if that happens.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I know, it's crazy - I did a random search, and Cyberchase and Ecco the Dolphin have more fanfiction than Fraggle Rock does!

Maybe it'll flare up a little when the movie comes out? But I'm a little worried about the kind of funky stuff we might see if that happens.
The idea of how out of character most people might write them as alone just makes me very afraid :embarrassed:

Pork

Reaction score
Oh, I was waiting for that line. I just LOVE Mokey and Boober together. The way you have written this is so sweet and cute. I'm looking forward UBER much to what is to come next.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Eek! That's where you're leaving it? I gotta know what happens next!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh, I was waiting for that line. I just LOVE Mokey and Boober together. The way you have written this is so sweet and cute. I'm looking forward UBER much to what is to come next.
Really, the way I had it 'said' to me by the characters is the only way I can picture it, the same with Red and Gobo. I wanted very much to have this be a fanfic where other longtime fans don't go 'OMG, what have you done!' about how the romance plays out. I hope I did that, at least as well as I can being as this is my first FR fanfic ever :excited:

Redsonga

Reaction score
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
No fraggle still alive could remember who had first came up with the game of Hidey Ho.

Some myths said that the game that have since become a run and scream and catch race with a blindfolded center fraggle playing it was a reenactment of ancient battle. But if it truly was just a play version of some nameless knight's teasing of a wayward blind blue dragon or not mattered little to the present day fraggles.

They happily froze at each yell of Gobo's 'Hidey' and zipped around the main hall with every ring of their own yell of 'Ho' in reply.

Somehow the hundred or so fraggles playing all seemed to just be a bit to quick for their renowned Traveling Gobo, some even being so bold as to zip between his legs with a laugh and a loud raspberry.

All and all the main hall was a cheery place in the golden warmth of the afternoon, as a few fraggles even hid in the pond, holding their breaths under the reflected shine of the sun upon its surface.

"Hidey!" Gobo yelled tentatively, darting forward.

"Ho!" Everyone replied together, Wembley in the background zipping to the other side with Poppy gripping tightly to his tail.

"Hidey, Hidey?"

"Ho, ho, ho!" Everyone laughed, some taking a flying leap over his head to the other side.

"Aw, come on guys, you can't keep it up forever!" Gobo made a lazy semi-circle where he stood. "One of you is going to slip up sometime, in fact Boober waxed the floor here again so it's pretty likely…Hidey!"

"HO!" Came the spirited yell as a yellow blur spend into the hall, running head first into Gobo and making him slip over backward.

"O?" Came the crowds curious reply at seeing their heros downfall.

It only took a moment for any onlooker to see that the figure that had tackled him was Red Fraggle..and less than a moment to see that she happened to be kissing him.

The fraggle kiss , a true adult fraggle kiss was halfway between a normal silly creature kiss on the lips and an unspoken rubbing of noses. Both of which Red seemed to be quite good at to the crowds surprise, and even more so to Gobo's.

"Red? What's..gotten into you?" Gobo asked shocked and breathlessly, when he was able to speak again.

"Red?" Came the low sinister sound of Marlon Fraggle's voice in the background.

"Nothing that wasn't already there!" Red giggled happily, taking off Gobo's blindfold to expose the puzzled look in his warm eyes.

"Red?" Came Marlon's evil sounding plea again.

"Well Red, that's okay I guess, but in front of everyone?" Gobo mumbled, half driving away from Red's hug as they got up.

"Just a sec…" Red sighed, looking over at the maniacal looking fraggle with one swinted eye. "What is it Marlon?"

"When I am 'It' will you kiss me to?" Marlon asked.

"Eww. No, of course not!" Red said with a shutter turning back to Gobo as Marlon slinked off .

"Anyway...that's just my point Gobo, I don't care anymore! I've always done things my own way and I'm not going to stop now. Most of all about something like this, if they don't like the fact that I love you and you love me they can go take a leap in the pond!"

In the background, silently, a handful of radishes was traded off between one group of fraggles to another. The whisper of "I had five radishes riding on Wembley." Seemed to go unheard over the ruckus Red was causing.

"And another thing, I'm sick and tired of being afraid for you. Plus I've won just about every award known to fraggldom here so I've decided…"

Gobo laughed "To what? Make more awards?"

"No…" Red said proudly, tousling Gobo's pink hair. "I'm going with you..to Outer Space."

"But Red, you've never.." Gobo began, but did not get far.

"Gobo! Gobooo!" Wembley screamed as he suddenly bolted in huffing and puffing from what looked like quite a bit of running, with Poppy clinging to his tail like it was a monkey-bar.

"I just caught Boober as he was running by our hiding spot near the west entryway, you won't believe where Mokey is..Echo Hole!"

Pork

Reaction score
Awww, so cute. hehe, and I laughed so hard when I heard what Marlon asked red. XD that is so like Marlin. And Reds reply is So Red. XD