Fraggle Rock fanfic: Song Of A Midnight Place

Redsonga

Reaction score
Almost finished, but it will be soon :coy:. But still, I know how rare it is to find actually finished fanfics on the internet lately, so I am proud of it :excited:.

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Almost finished, but it will be soon :coy:. But still, I know how rare it is to find actually finished fanfics on the internet lately, so I am proud of it :excited:.
Good for you!
Mostly people just give up writing when they get stuck.
I'm currently at a bit of a roadblock on my fic, but I have no intention of giving up on it. =3

I look forward to reading the rest of yours. ^^

Redsonga

Reaction score
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"But why Gobo? I mean to just push him off on me like that?"

The shorter of two fraggles asked as they both passed by the Crystal Caverns that reflected the ditizes' happy afternoon glow in prisms of light against their fur.

"Well, did you do anything to upset her?" Gobo asked.

"No…well, yeah, I guess I did…but I didn't mean…"

Poppy, riding piggy back on Gobo's shoulders, reached out toward the illusion of color with a babble, pushing up the brim of of the other-sized bomber hat away from his eyes.
Gobo hushed him softy and broke off a piece of small hollow crystal, scooping it into a pool of nearby sweetwater.

"Wembley, Wembley, it doesn't matter what you meant if you did something like what you've been doing lately."

He picked a thick clump of moss from the cave wall and twisted it tightly onto the top of the crystal, poking a hole in its center before handing the makeshift bottle up to Poppy.

"..Honestly, you do things like that to a girl that's not our friend and be aiming for a punch in nose!"

"You're right, I'll say sorry next time I see her…" Wembley said quietly, perking up as a thought accrued to him. "At least I'm not a silly creature."

"Yeah, six years of this?" Gobo said with a laugh. "You'd be slapped to death half-way to the moon, eh!"

"Maybe that's what makes them so silly..the small ones seem okay up until then…" Wembley mused.

"Say Gobo, where did you learn to take care of a baby like that anyway?"

"Well, I helped look after you, didn't I?"

"Oh yeah..I think." Wembley agreed, tripping as the narrow cave path dipped suddenly downward.

"You were probably too tiny to remember." Gobo said, backtracking to help Wembley up.

" It was way back your mom first got sick and asked Uncle Matt and me to keep an eye on you."

"Hmm..I don't remember my mom." Wembley scratched his head, and ran to keep up with his friend. "I remember you though, and when I started wembling."

"When you started? You were always wembling…" Gobo laughed, steadying Poppy against his chest to burp him.

"You think you're bad now, just picture yourself with a mouthful of mushroom and strawberry juice and a load in your pants."

"That's disgusting!" Wembley replied with a shutter.

"You're telling me. But I got use to it after a while, still this little guy is a humble bug compared to how bad we use to be…"

"We did have good times back then though, didn't we Gobo?" The young green fraggle said with a grin.

"The best …" Gobo agreed with a warm smile, letting the sworming toddler down.

"There you go, the girls have probably been babying him, not letting him walk a lot. A little mud 'ill do him good."

"Yeah, just follow us Poppy…." Wembley yelled with a whoop.

Poppy started after them at a galloping hop, tripping every few steps over his oversized socks behind the two older fraggles as the scene melted away to a long ago time.

Gobo, no bigger than Boober was many years ago, wearing his favorite striped shirt and with long pink hair that rimmed his hat held a baby Wembley on his lap, trying to teach him how to play patty cake without much success, before giving up and tickling him silly.

Everyday the world begins again, sunny skies or rain.
Come and follow me,

The scene changed again, the two were slightly older and where hopelessly caught up on the far limb of a tree near the gorgs garden. The view panned slowly downward to show the snarling form of Tosh's Beastie as a 'puppy' .

Every sunrise shows me more and more
So much to explore, come and follow me

Back in the present the two danced in line, throwing their larger than life shadows against the side of the cavern as Poppy scurried to catch up.

Every morning, every day, every evening, calling me away!

"You wanta sing Wembley?" Gobo, asked.

"Sure!" He replied, grabbing Poppy's hand with a helpful grin.

Gobo and Wembley, still the same age as they had been in the last scene sat around a gooy black mud puddle, working proudly on what looked like a large mud mountain with a peak made of red moss…

O' while the sun goes round I'll still be found, following the sound

…But as they sat back to admire their hard work, the little form of Boober oozed out of the muck, crying horribly as the two friends patted him on the back.

Something's calling me.

The scene changed one last time to focus on a much younger, shorter Mokey, her hair tied back in a braid with a a long white ribbon, wheeling along a large play baby carriage made of a couple blankets pulled over a crudely fashioned frame of twigs.

A younger Red, with freckled cheeks and her single pigtail, hopped beside her friend, peeking inside the carriage to wordlessly coo at its contents.

When the world goes drifting back to bed...

Slowly, the head of a Boober rose into view, sucking his thumb and wearing wearing a frilly blue bonnet rimmed with yellow lace…He was joined quickly by a slightly older Wembley in a yellow bonnet with white trim , who smiled widely at Red before….

Memories in my head, wonders follow me

Slowly, reluctantly, and wearing the frilliest pink bonnet of all, the head of a very unhappy looking Gobo rose from the depths of the carriage, spitting out the pacifier that had been been his teeth as Red rolled with laughter.

As their song came to an end the three arrived just outside the main hall and Gobo kneed down to Poppy's level.

"You ever play Hidey Ho before?"

The little fraggle shook his head.

"Oh, you're gonna love it!" Wembley said with a laugh, already with a blindfold in hand.

"I bet there's just enough time for a game before we have to be getting back outer space and say goodbye Gobo!"

Pork

Reaction score
Awww, I really loved it.The song with the flashbacks was really well done. So cute XD.

*waits for next instalement*

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
That was an adorable chapter. It's fun to imagine what they were all like when they were younger. Very nice.

Redsonga

Reaction score
It may sound weird but it's not so really so much that I imagined what they were like as they told me themselves. Odd I know :wink:.
At this point they are pretty much telling the story, I'm just the one writing it trying to catch up *lol*...
This is when it gets tricky...Boober really surprised me, I was picking my jaw off the paper...

I guess I lied, I can't help but share some each day until it's all posted *lol*

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It's funny you should say that. I felt the exact same way with Comeback. It feels like you're just narrating what's really happening, right?