Fraggle Rock fanfic: Song Of A Midnight Place

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I have finally had a chance to sit down and read this from start to finish. While I like the story, I think I prefer your other one (the one you are currently posting). This is a really sweet story, and the interactions between the characters are really wonderful.

I did enjoy certain things in this though, like the Doc and Sprocket bits and how well they fit with the overall story. I also like the fact that Doc is meeting and speaking with the other fraggles. It was cute to get that sort of feel that he was getting to act as a sort of in-between stage for the fraggles and our world. That bit with the passport was very cute and I loved the wording for cameras. Oh and them using the doggy door to come and go. That was a neat idea, too.

What else, Sprocket's puppies. That's all so sweet there. Mokey having a baby is kind of strange for me, but she is sort of a maternal figure and I could see that she had somehow taken up where Cantus had left off. The heartbreaking thing was her suppressed grief and how she tried to conceal it with her general manner. You're quite right, she has always been the strong one during challenges and I can understand her wanting to burst at times because of how everyone expects her to behave a certain way.

What made me sad was that Cantus was no longer alive. Seemed very bittersweet somehow and also a sort of parallel to the real world. I also missed Lanfred. The empty pot just brought tears to my eyes for some reason.

If I think of anything else, I'll post again. It was a nice story, but I am looking forward to your next update. It did answer some questions I had about the other story, but in some ways, I probably should have waited until you had finished the other one before starting this one. Cantus' grave also made me want to start bawling my eyes out. He's a sort of character I can't imagine dying...he just seems so mystically there.

My impatience is sometimes a curse. :smile: Oh well, looking forward to reading more from you.

~Yva

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Finally caught up with this thread! I know you sent me a PM awhile back and I apologize I haven't been able to respond until now. Will you be writing more soon? I like your drawings as well. You really are very talented!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Finally caught up with this thread! I know you sent me a PM awhile back and I apologize I haven't been able to respond until now. Will you be writing more soon? I like your drawings as well. You really are very talented!
All my newer writing, for the most part, is in the prologue Everything Seems To Sing (or..will be? *lol* you get the idea) and I am also working on the short backgroud story stroy of Boober called Those Of The Black Snow (which is set right after the series).

*reads posts* Oh boy *rolls up sleeves* Ah hem...

I have finally had a chance to sit down and read this from start to finish. While I like the story, I think I prefer your other one (the one you are currently posting). This is a really sweet story, and the interactions between the characters are really wonderful.
Thank you : ) !

I did enjoy certain things in this though, like the Doc and Sprocket bits and how well they fit with the overall story. I also like the fact that Doc is meeting and speaking with the other fraggles. It was cute to get that sort of feel that he was getting to act as a sort of in-between stage for the fraggles and our world. That bit with the passport was very cute and I loved the wording for cameras. Oh and them using the doggy door to come and go. That was a neat idea, too.

What else, Sprocket's puppies. That's all so sweet there. Mokey having a baby is kind of strange for me, but she is sort of a maternal figure and I could see that she had somehow taken up where Cantus had left off. The heartbreaking thing was her suppressed grief and how she tried to conceal it with her general manner. You're quite right, she has always been the strong one during challenges and I can understand her wanting to burst at times because of how everyone expects her to behave a certain way.
She and Boober actually the only ones I can picture having babies. The others, not so much : P

What made me sad was that Cantus was no longer alive. Seemed very bittersweet somehow and also a sort of parallel to the real world. I also missed Lanfred. The empty pot just brought tears to my eyes for some reason.
Now, now..the pot is empty..the pot is empty. That is all I will say...

If I think of anything else, I'll post again. It was a nice story, but I am looking forward to your next update. It did answer some questions I had about the other story, but in some ways, I probably should have waited until you had finished the other one before starting this one. Cantus' grave also made me want to start bawling my eyes out. He's a sort of character I can't imagine dying...he just seems so mystically there.

My impatience is sometimes a curse. :smile: Oh well, looking forward to reading more from you.
Well, maybe, maybe not...It's one of those things...
I see it as just because he dies in the 'future' does not make the here and now meaningless .If that makes any sense...I would not be writing the prologue if I did not think it was a story worth telling even after nearly everyone knows 'what happens':coy:.
I do like it even better than this first one to though... :3

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, maybe, maybe not...It's one of those things...
I see it as just because he dies in the 'future' does not make the here and now meaningless
It is indeed one of those things.

Redsonga

Reaction score
*bumpedy*
My last ending song should be ready by tomorrow...
Also, how does everyone feel about a story someday maybe set after this one? Good idea, bad idea?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think I finally got all the bugs ironed out of the edited and spell checked to death version of Midnight Place on FF.Net. I'm wondering if I should repost that version here as it is a better reflection on the story for people that have not read it yet :\...I wish I could edit first posts and put "This has been edited into a more readable version, go here (link)" that would make life so much easier :frown:. I guess until I find some way to do that I will put off reposting and just post my last Red/Gobo song here soon...
Oh, and for Mr. Count, this is what the song Mokey sang sounds like (only in Mokey's singing voice it would be much better IMHO).
I am very sorry for promising to post the last song ages ago, I forgot all about it when I started working on my other stories...So it is really coming this time :stick_out_tongue: