Has Anyone Here Made the Kermit MR into a "Puppet"?

Cammioh

Reaction score
I bought 2 Kermit photo puppets when they were first ready for re-order. I have one on display but thought about cutting up the other one to make it into a cool hand puppet.
Has anyone actually tried this?
I am, obviously, worried about ruining him.
Thoughts?

:smirk:

Teenager's

Reaction score
I don't recommend it...

but someone took apart Kermit, layed out the pieces & took a photo....I looked for the photo to post for you....but I gave up. (sorry) But you won't be able to make a puppet from it. You would only be able to look at the pattern for parts of him....like the head. A lot of his insides are plastic----done so you wouldn't get exact patterns & make it difficult to take apart.

All in all.....don't do it to your nice replica. If you want a Kermit puppet, eyeball it & make the patterns yourself there are a number of threads about it in the Puppetry section.

doc hopper

Reaction score
Not me - his head is way too small for my adult sized hands.

MWoO

Reaction score
I bought 2 Kermit photo puppets when they were first ready for re-order. I have one on display but thought about cutting up the other one to make it into a cool hand puppet.
Has anyone actually tried this?
I am, obviously, worried about ruining him.
Thoughts?

:smirk:
From what I hear the replica is actually smaller than the puppet so if you tried it you'd get a tiny Kermit. Seems the poser was smaller than the hand puppet.

Lab Rat

Reaction score
I am going to make Fozzie into a puppet when he comes out.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Man I don't think I would ever do that. Master Replica does way too good of a job, that (to me) is like having a grand piano and taking it apart just see what's in it or something worse.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
In my opinion it would be an awful idea and most likely you would ruin your Muppet replica.

To be honset, I think the only good thing about doing this would be for anyone else whom owns these, maybe they'll go up in value with one less around, :smile: