1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Has Anyone Here Made the Kermit MR into a "Puppet"?

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Cammioh, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Cammioh

Cammioh New Member

I bought 2 Kermit photo puppets when they were first ready for re-order. I have one on display but thought about cutting up the other one to make it into a cool hand puppet.
    Has anyone actually tried this?
    I am, obviously, worried about ruining him.
    Thoughts?

:smirk:
  2. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

I don't recommend it...

but someone took apart Kermit, layed out the pieces & took a photo....I looked for the photo to post for you....but I gave up. (sorry) But you won't be able to make a puppet from it. You would only be able to look at the pattern for parts of him....like the head. A lot of his insides are plastic----done so you wouldn't get exact patterns & make it difficult to take apart.

All in all.....don't do it to your nice replica. If you want a Kermit puppet, eyeball it & make the patterns yourself there are a number of threads about it in the Puppetry section.
  3. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

Not me - his head is way too small for my adult sized hands.
  4. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

From what I hear the replica is actually smaller than the puppet so if you tried it you'd get a tiny Kermit. Seems the poser was smaller than the hand puppet.
  5. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

I am going to make Fozzie into a puppet when he comes out.
  6. Blinky_Fish

Blinky_Fish Member

WHY?

Are you from Amsterdam or something?
  7. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

LOL

funniest thing I've ever read on here!

:flirt: it!

Leanne
    x
  8. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Man I don't think I would ever do that. Master Replica does way too good of a job, that (to me) is like having a grand piano and taking it apart just see what's in it or something worse.
  9. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

Fozzie will make a great puppet.
  10. JJandJanice

In my opinion it would be an awful idea and most likely you would ruin your Muppet replica.

To be honset, I think the only good thing about doing this would be for anyone else whom owns these, maybe they'll go up in value with one less around, :)
  11. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

It doesn't seem like a great idea to me. From the sounds of it, all you'd end up with is a $200 pile of wire, stuffing, plastic, and felt. The only thing I could recomend, is going to a thrift store, or flea market, and buying a Kermit/Fozzie/Animal or whoever else, and making a puppet of that.
  12. JJandJanice

Very good advace Colbyfriends. If you really want an easy Kermit puppet it would be much better to use a stuffed Kermit the Frog toy insted of the actual MR Kermit. It may not look totally like Kermit on TV but close enough and for a lot less money and work.

Bottom line that Kermit MR made was meant as a total "Photo Puppet" meaning you can pose it and stuff like that. It sounds like just an awful idea to me and you could probably throw a good amount of money down the drain and in these tough times who wants to keep spending money over and over on the MR Muppets just to take them apart?:confused:
  13. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

He's got a hand in his head.