1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Special: The Cookie Thief
    Discuss "The Cookie Thief", an all-new one-hour Sesame Street special. "The Cookie Thief" also features the farewell performance of veteran Muppeteer Fran Brill.

Has Anyone Here Made the Kermit MR into a "Puppet"?

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Cammioh, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Cammioh

Cammioh New Member

I bought 2 Kermit photo puppets when they were first ready for re-order. I have one on display but thought about cutting up the other one to make it into a cool hand puppet.
    Has anyone actually tried this?
    I am, obviously, worried about ruining him.
    Thoughts?

:smirk:
  2. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

I don't recommend it...

but someone took apart Kermit, layed out the pieces & took a photo....I looked for the photo to post for you....but I gave up. (sorry) But you won't be able to make a puppet from it. You would only be able to look at the pattern for parts of him....like the head. A lot of his insides are plastic----done so you wouldn't get exact patterns & make it difficult to take apart.

All in all.....don't do it to your nice replica. If you want a Kermit puppet, eyeball it & make the patterns yourself there are a number of threads about it in the Puppetry section.
  3. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

Not me - his head is way too small for my adult sized hands.
  4. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

From what I hear the replica is actually smaller than the puppet so if you tried it you'd get a tiny Kermit. Seems the poser was smaller than the hand puppet.
  5. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

I am going to make Fozzie into a puppet when he comes out.
  6. Blinky_Fish

Blinky_Fish Member

WHY?

Are you from Amsterdam or something?
  7. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

LOL

funniest thing I've ever read on here!

:flirt: it!

Leanne
    x
  8. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Man I don't think I would ever do that. Master Replica does way too good of a job, that (to me) is like having a grand piano and taking it apart just see what's in it or something worse.
  9. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Member

Fozzie will make a great puppet.
  10. JJandJanice

In my opinion it would be an awful idea and most likely you would ruin your Muppet replica.

To be honset, I think the only good thing about doing this would be for anyone else whom owns these, maybe they'll go up in value with one less around, :)
  11. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

It doesn't seem like a great idea to me. From the sounds of it, all you'd end up with is a $200 pile of wire, stuffing, plastic, and felt. The only thing I could recomend, is going to a thrift store, or flea market, and buying a Kermit/Fozzie/Animal or whoever else, and making a puppet of that.
  12. JJandJanice

Very good advace Colbyfriends. If you really want an easy Kermit puppet it would be much better to use a stuffed Kermit the Frog toy insted of the actual MR Kermit. It may not look totally like Kermit on TV but close enough and for a lot less money and work.

Bottom line that Kermit MR made was meant as a total "Photo Puppet" meaning you can pose it and stuff like that. It sounds like just an awful idea to me and you could probably throw a good amount of money down the drain and in these tough times who wants to keep spending money over and over on the MR Muppets just to take them apart?:confused:
  13. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

He's got a hand in his head.