Your Thoughts: Authentic Gonzo Replica

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new Gonzo! He really is fun. I keep primping him remaking his pupils to get him just right, but he's the first one that made me smile right out of the box! The Kermit looked corpse like and the Animal looked fluffily crazed, but Gonzo seemed much more natural upon arrival. I love his little suit! :concern:

Great drawings by the way!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new Gonzo! He really is fun. I keep primping him remaking his pupils to get him just right, but he's the first one that made me smile right out of the box! The Kermit looked corpse like and the Animal looked fluffily crazed, but Gonzo seemed much more natural upon arrival. I love his little suit! :concern:

Great drawings by the way!
Thanks Jamie! I need to fix my Gonzo's pupils at some point too... but other than that he's absolutely PERFECT.

And glad you like the drawings. I still need to send that one off to Dave... as soon as I can find a good address to do so. :smirk:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Did you do anything to your Gonzo's pupils yet, Ryan? For some reason, they look a lot better to me than some of the other pictures of Gonzo "right out of the box".

I just re-read this thread. I think I convinced myself to buy one when I have the money to.

:smile: :concern: :embarrassed: <--- I want these guys, at least!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Did you do anything to your Gonzo's pupils yet, Ryan? For some reason, they look a lot better to me than some of the other pictures of Gonzo "right out of the box".
No, I haven't touched the pupils yet... and I think I agree with you that they do look a little better--but they're still kind of annoying me since they're off-focus. :stick_out_tongue:

And yes, I can't reccommend the weirdo highly enough. He's just... Wow. He has such a pressence in my room, it's rather incredible.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Let's see here... possibly a thousand dollars to get the characters I want... but one of them won't be out till next year...

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to get them.

I would be extremely nevous about fixing Gonzo's pupils, though. I'd have to make sure the new pupils were perfectly cut before I went near taking the originals off.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I would be extremely nevous about fixing Gonzo's pupils, though. I'd have to make sure the new pupils were perfectly cut before I went near taking the originals off.
Yeah, that's my biggest fear with even considering altering his eyes. I'm so nervous that I'll mess it up somehow and I just wasted $250... that would NOT be a good thing. :stick_out_tongue: I think, if I do alter him, I'll make two sets of pupils, just in case. :embarrassed:

But still, there's no arguing that he looks SO much better with alterations done...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
But still, there's no arguing that he looks SO much better with alterations done...
Oh, without a doubt. I especially like the somewhat larger pupils used on the one in the Muppet Central review. They look slightly bigger than the ones he came with, and bigger than some of the other altered Gonzos.

Actually, with Gonzo's eyes the way they are right out of the box, he kinda looks like the real photo puppet here.

Telly

Reaction score
Everytime I walk past Kermit and Gonzo, I get a smile across my face.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've been lucky enough with both my posers that, while the eye-focus is marginly off, they both look good enough not to change it. Maybe I'm just not a perfectionist? But I am able to make semi-professional looking photos of them which I am perfectly happy with for now withoutn changing them. I'd have such a huge fear of ruining good money if I touched them at all.