Your Thoughts: Authentic Gonzo Replica

Telly

Reaction score
Just like back in the day with the Palisades figures, i love seeing how everyone's displayed their posers!

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I am on the hinge of getting Gonzo, for a great price (as I got Animal 130 less than MR price) and was wondering if someone could explain how his mouth worked? Is it wire like the frog or hinged plates like Animal?

Thanks

Kevin

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Seems to be the hinged plates, except that they're full-sized. Well, the full size of his mouth is what I mean, not a tiny disc under the tongue like on Animal.

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

Davina

Reaction score
woohoo... Ok.. I just ordered my Animal and Gonzo figures! If you've been sitting on the fence about them (for me it was a good deal financially) MR has them marked down right now, $100 off each... (for me this was a bonus, finally got a settlement check from a car accident last year and had decided we'd buy these 2 first thing before something happened to divert the $ elsewhere again..) so I got both for just under $500, plus free shipping (and to alaska, that's a big deal..)

Anyway.. so, soon these 2 will be making their appearance at my house!
*can't wait, can't wait, can't wait*

We already have Kermit, he's sitting on top of a book case in my living room atm.. usually he's fishing, but right now he's playing with his new microphone :smile:
just have to get or make him a lil trench coat and hat.. hehehe
And he has a little santa outfit for christmas..
so now i've got to start thinking of outfit ideas for the other 2!

pictures once they arrive (hopefully they won't need too much tweaking.. will need opinions on Gonzo's eyes, I suppose...)

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I'm sure you're all tired of hearing me say how disappointed I was with the Master Replicas Gonzo. So much so, that I didn't buy one. But I did the next best thing, I built my own. Here are the first three pictures of him:

Gonzo 1

Gonzo 2

Gonzo 3

The best thing, he's an actual hand puppet! I'll try to take some pictures of him in action soon.

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you're all tired of hearing me say how disappointed I was with the Master Replicas Gonzo. So much so, that I didn't buy one. But I did the next best thing, I built my own. Here are the first three pictures of him:

Gonzo 1

Gonzo 2

Gonzo 3

The best thing, he's an actual hand puppet! I'll try to take some pictures of him in action soon.

You got the mouth corners so much better. :concern:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
You got the mouth corners so much better. :concern:
In studying pictures, there's too much nose surface area exposed on the MR Replica. It's just not the right shape or too big or something. I'm not talking about the part that sticks out, but the area around it. I can't quite put my finger on it. But when I sewed the fur to the foam, especially in side view, I had a great picture of a Henson Gonzo that I was going by.