Photos from Sesame Season 39

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait a minute... didn't Gina spend a vast majority of the 1998-99, 1999-2000, and 2000-2001 seasons STUDYING zoology because being a vet was her dream? And then she opened her office towards the end of Season 32 and was so psyched about it? And she's been a godsend of a vet for the past five seasons, so what made her decide to be a mechanic all of the sudden?

ISNorden

Reaction score
Wait a minute... didn't Gina spend a vast majority of the 1998-99, 1999-2000, and 2000-2001 seasons STUDYING zoology because being a vet was her dream? And then she opened her office towards the end of Season 32 and was so psyched about it? And she's been a godsend of a vet for the past five seasons, so what made her decide to be a mechanic all of the sudden?

Exactly why I said I couldn't see it happening; at least the last big change I remember on the set (the Mail-It Shop) made practical sense, even though Maria and Luis had been fixing toasters since their debut. But Sesame Street hardly ever gets any traffic unless it's part of a safety lesson--would New Yorkers, even in a TV universe, be willing to drive/tow their cars that far to be fixed?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I have a question, is the there a map of SS somewhere I could look at? :\

BEAR

Reaction score
What the...? The only cars I've ever seen driving down Sesame Street are a grouch cab and the Sloppy Jalopy, so why would Gina's vet office get replaced by an auto-repair shop? After having her adopt Marco last season, are they writing Gina off the show or something?
Isn't that where they used to keep Gordon's VW anyway? It was originally a garage.

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually think the reason why they're not having Gina be a vet as much anymore is because she's a mom now. So she really doesn't have time to be a vet anymore. It's called maternity leave.

And there's actually another change to the show. This may be a big one. The show will actually be filmed in HD! Yes, that's right! High Definition! How I wish I had an HDTV for that. It would be totally appropriate for the first episode to have the letters H and D as sponsors.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah but maternity leave is intended to be temporary. :smile:

SSLFan

Reaction score
I actually think the reason why they're not having Gina be a vet as much anymore is because she's a mom now. So she really doesn't have time to be a vet anymore. It's called maternity leave.

And there's actually another change to the show. This may be a big one. The show will actually be filmed in HD! Yes, that's right! High Definition! How I wish I had an HDTV for that. It would be totally appropriate for the first episode to have the letters H and D as sponsors.
Oh boy. It seems as everything is going into HD now!:zany:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um, so if she doesn't have time to be a vet anymore, what makes her think she'll have enough time to be an auto mechanic?

ssetta said:
It ain't going to be in wide-screen is it?:concern:

wiley207

Reaction score
But, oh good Lord, please, not a new "Around the Corner" set, PLEASE!
I have mixed feelings about a new Around the Corner. As long as they don't try to make the show too "cool" and "current" as they did in that era, I'll be fine. And Birdland Jazz Club still exists, to my knowledge. Benny Rabbit's still around, but he's not a bellhop anymore.

This season sounds totally promising, what with...
*The new set, which looks pretty good.
*Jim Henson's Creature Shop is going to be involved with this season, which could be cool. I hope they're better than Magnetic Dreams!
*Caroll Spinney performing in the Big Bird suit once again!
*The new human cast member. This could work. Who knows? She could become a new Olivia, like Chris became the new David.
*It's going to be shown in high-definition! I wonder how classic 1980s and early 1990s skits would look in high-def?

It sounds even better than Season 38!

ISNorden

Reaction score
I do hope the change to HD doesn't mean my old TV set won't get it (even when I get the digital converter box, it'll still be plain old low-def).