Meet Leela, Sesame Street’s newest cast member

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Cool, she sounds very interesting and it will be nice to hear more about Indian culture. :smile:

ISNorden

Reaction score
I sense the beginning of a generation gap next season: people my age associate the name "Leela" with the main female character on a very different TV show. It feels strange knowing that kids in day-care centers will grow up hearing that name and imagining a live-action immigrant woman in a laundromat...*hmmm*

ISNorden

Reaction score
Why do you think that?
"Leela" isn't exactly a common name in the United States (any more than "Kermit" or "Elmo" has been for years). So the first fictional character that comes to mind will be very different for preschoolers vs. adults who hear that name.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lol, the street's going through another population explosion indeed, but hey, the more the merrier, and what street is more merrier than Sesame Street?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thank you for keeping us alert, Phil! It's so exciting seeing new friendly neighbors and new places coming to the street!:smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yeah! We've been needing some other women actors on the show. You don't see Susan that much and Maria still is seen in plenty episodes and then there's Gina too. But can't wait to see the new season this coming August.

BEAR

Reaction score
How exciting! I can't wait to find out more about her on Sesame Street!

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Yeah! We've been needing some other women actors on the show. You don't see Susan that much and Maria still is seen in plenty episodes and then there's Gina too. But can't wait to see the new season this coming August.

Dang, at times like these I sure do miss the "Around the corner" set. :frown: