Star Wars Prototypes

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not as excited about these now after seeing them. They look, to me, shabby. Kermit is the worst. Rizzo and Fozzie aren't too far behind that. I will admit Dirth Nader looks cool. Just a little disappointed in these anticipated figures...

karamazov80

Reaction score
Personally, I'm just not a fan of "non-articulated" mini-plastic statues, so my opinion might not be 100% objective. Having said that, I think that these look like something that would have been produced in the 1970s. They do look cheap and outdated. But then, maybe they're going for that whole vintage, 70s vibe, since that's when Star Wars first came out. I also could do without Rizzo.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
I'm goin to MGM and the rest of the Disney parks next week so I wanted to know, are these available yet? (Or will they ever be?)

EDIT: Grr... now seeing the site shown in full, I just realized that they are planned for July. Darnit.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There is another thread on this, but I'll comment here as well. It's an interesting product.

When the Palisades figures were first announced many fans wanted and expected just straight, non-articulated PVC sculptures (like the old 70s Schleich Muppet Show assortments or cheaper versions of the mini Muppet assortment Palisades released). I am glad Palisades went the way they did, but can't help but think that some sculpts would have looked better with a little less joint-cutting etc. There could have been more fluidity in the design if sculpted as a static piece (weight shifting, expression, attitude).

That being said, these Star Wars pieces are priced at $12.99 per set (if I'm not mistaken) and are tiny little plastic PVC toys. The sculpts aren't all that hot, but they are mass produced for the Disney theme parks. I do see some texture and interesting ideas, but these still could use some more work. I see these as stylized, somewhat cartoony, representations of the characters. Dirth Nader is the best here. The bar wasn't set too high given the resources they had available. I wish the sculpts were a little more interesting, but they aren't terrible. I'll probably get them and be pleased enough about it. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say, this is pretty much how quite a bit of Muppet Merchandise looked like before Palisades bursted into the scene with high quality, low priced collectibles (they could have easily fetched a lot more in mainstream retail). While they aren't the greatest Muppet PVC's, they are pretty good. I mean, the Kermit's a might off, but this is one of the few times we get a closed mouth figure (he's usually sculpted with an open one). But I think the Fozzie, Beaker, and Dirth Nader are spot on. I'm hoping this prompts a second set. Or even better, a Muppet Babies set featuring Scooter-D2 and Skeeter3-PO and Gon Zolo.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I actually quite like them, OK the sculpts aren't great but for a $12 set its a great novelty idea. Love Miss Piggy holding a hairdryer instead of a gun!

Chris

Keeermit

Reaction score
i think for what they are that they are cool - i think they will look great on top of my computer or on my desk :smile: they certainly arent the best I have seen as far a muppet products - but i'll buy them , they look fun.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
I think the release of these figures is in July or June, and suppose to correspond to Star Wars Weekends at Disney.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Yeah. I definately will not be buying those...they look really....idk fake? i dont think theyre worth it at all but thats my opinion