Sesame Workshop Plans to Bring Back "The Electric Company"

sesameguy

Reaction score
Yay! Sounds like a good time.

Mr. Knell said that the show will be "very hip and very much speaking to kids today," so I'm guessing that they won't be using many (if any) skits from the old days. But there's always hope, I guess!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
They already have a couple of reading shows on PBS.

Why do they need another?

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Oh no....

Let's HOPE they don't try to super-modernize it TOO much....
Good point, Michael.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Cool!

Though it is annoying how there seems to be this need to assure people that something won't be "too old." We're not doing kids any favors by telling them old equals bad. And we're going to end up paying for it down the line.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yay! Sounds like a good time.

Mr. Knell said that the show will be "very hip and very much speaking to kids today," so I'm guessing that they won't be using many (if any) skits from the old days. But there's always hope, I guess!

Okay, if any of the skits involve rap, promise not to freak out? After all, the show embraced Soul music of the 70's. I can already see the indignant "This isn't the one I remembered" responses already. It's going to be a completely different show, in terms of what goes into it. I'm still holding out hope they continue Letterman with Nathan Lane and mathew Broaderick (the new Producers).

They already have a couple of reading shows on PBS.

Why do they need another?
Uh, cuz they're all for preschoolers? This one is clearly going to be for an older market. Kindergarteners and First and second graders that have problems reading. Besides, Superwhy is trash. Word World is actually pretty cute, but Superwhy's not good at all.

As long as the show doesn't try to pretend to be i nteractive and ask the audience a question and pause for 2 minutes.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Hmm.... I've never watched it but it sounds good. I think I'm gonna have to start watchin :smile: