1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Workshop Plans to Bring Back "The Electric Company"

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by SSLFan, Apr 5, 2008.

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

2. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

Yay! Sounds like a good time.

Mr. Knell said that the show will be "very hip and very much speaking to kids today," so I'm guessing that they won't be using many (if any) skits from the old days. But there's always hope, I guess!
  3. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

It's not Classic SS.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

OMG! SSETTA ACTUALLY HAS AN AVATAR! AFTER ALL THESE YEARS! ! !

*Faints*

But... they're bringing back? That's interesting...
  5. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

They already have a couple of reading shows on PBS.

Why do they need another?
  6. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

Oh no....

Let's HOPE they don't try to super-modernize it TOO much....
    Good point, Michael.
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Sounds great!
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Cool!

Though it is annoying how there seems to be this need to assure people that something won't be "too old." We're not doing kids any favors by telling them old equals bad. And we're going to end up paying for it down the line.
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Okay, if any of the skits involve rap, promise not to freak out? After all, the show embraced Soul music of the 70's. I can already see the indignant "This isn't the one I remembered" responses already. It's going to be a completely different show, in terms of what goes into it. I'm still holding out hope they continue Letterman with Nathan Lane and mathew Broaderick (the new Producers).

Uh, cuz they're all for preschoolers? This one is clearly going to be for an older market. Kindergarteners and First and second graders that have problems reading. Besides, Superwhy is trash. Word World is actually pretty cute, but Superwhy's not good at all.

As long as the show doesn't try to pretend to be i nteractive and ask the audience a question and pause for 2 minutes.
  10. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

Hmm.... I've never watched it but it sounds good. I think I'm gonna have to start watchin :)
  11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

12. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And here is another thread in which we can discuss the even.