Fraggle Rock Animated

Redsonga

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that :wink: Some of us like the cartoon :wink:.
I dunno with me, I watch special features only once or twice, they have never been the selling point for me. Maybe because at heart I still like my VHSs just as much...
Now actual add ons like a bible or something collectable, I love those...
But I've been meaning to get a region free player anyway :smile:...

Vicki Fraggle

Reaction score
Well, I just got my set tuesday and I love it to death. It is by HIT, but there are no special features sadly. But still, worth every penny. Especially since Gobo is do darn cute in the animated series!

Rose

Reaction score
I like the animated version. Not as much as the Muppet version mind you. But for what it was it wasn't a bad series for it's time considering the style of saturday cartoons in the 80's this fit in with the rest of them. So those who don't know what it wa sliek to have only cartoons on saturday may not see this. :smile:
It wasn't meant to be a replacement for the originial it was just a recreation in animation like a lot of other fameous programs or celebs they always had an animated spot somewhere. This was quite poplure in the 60's 70's but it fazed out in the 80's. You wernt concidered a someone 'till someoen made you a toon.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This was quite poplure in the 60's 70's but it fazed out in the 80's. You wernt concidered a someone 'till someoen made you a toon.
That's true! In the '60s there were cartoon versions of the Beatles (I think they were the first band to be made a cartoon) and The Three Stooges. (I hear they wanted to use the Marx Brothers, but they also wanted the real voices, and sadly two of them had died by that time). And in the '70s the Jackson 5, the Osmonds, the Brady Bunch (and Gilligan's Island for some reason lol) were made into cartoons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that :wink: Some of us like the cartoon :wink:.
I dunno with me, I watch special features only once or twice, they have never been the selling point for me. Maybe because at heart I still like my VHSs just as much...
Well, it depends on what the special features are. I mean, I have an Incredibles DVD, and I have yet to watch the actual movie without commentary. They crammed so much stuff into the second disk, It's usually the one I put in the player.

Plus, i just LOVE to see cast interviews. Still disappointed Disney didn't get Jim Cummings to come in and interview for the Darkwing Duck set. (Jim is right up there with Rob as my favorite voice actors)

It wasn't meant to be a replacement for the originial it was just a recreation in animation like a lot of other fameous programs or celebs they always had an animated spot somewhere. This was quite poplure in the 60's 70's but it fazed out in the 80's. You wernt concidered a someone 'till someoen made you a toon.
Well, i can't so much say it fizzled out in the 80's, but it just wasn't as common. And if it was, 10 to one odds that it was DIC animation that did that sort of thing.

But yeah, we had those cartoons listed, plus various sitcoms like Laverne and Shirley, Happy Days, and ALF (who had 2 cartoons). Little Muppet Monsters was pretty much that idea too, but Jim wasn't comfortable with it (I liked it, but I could see what he had a problem with).

I always felt that Fraggle Rock the animated series was good for what it was, and since the original was on cable, I made due with that. And I felt it did as good a job as possible in taking the essense of the show. Sure, it could have done with better writing, and some better voice casting (at least in the part of Junior Gorg, who sounded completely off), but it was still a pretty good show.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
At the time, I didn't see much difference between the puppet version and the animated version. Now though I think the animated version is sweet and generally stays in the Fraggle spirit ("the deep, deep, dark, dark, deep dark pit" and "And then, it'll call you names. Names? ! Lol Plus the episode where they make up a long new language). But it's just not quite as edgy. Which is fine, and I still like the animated show, but I prefer the puppet version for that reason.