Will the first entire season of Sesame Street ever be available?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A few of the musical numbers have turned up on youtube last year. They were dubbed in German and Hebrew, but were only up for a short time before they got pulled. But for an old-timer like me, it was great to at least see the visuals again after a few decades.

I am hoping just as much as you are to see some of these clips again, but I know Sesame Workshop has to cut through a lot of legal red tape to make it happen. Ain't lawyers great?:smirk:

armslength

Reaction score
Not only would does Sesame pose a challenge in being a daily show meaning that it would take a heckuva lot of dvd's to get all the episodes from a season to fit, but season 1 in particular would be hard to release in a box type format given how insanely repetitive the first season was. Not only for having a relatively small number of segments they could repeat (being new and not having a back collection) but the educational staff wanted to repeat several things on a daily and weekly basis - if we could somehow manage to watch the first season episodes back to back in order as adults, we may find ourselves doing a lot of fast forwarding!

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
if we could somehow manage to watch the first season episodes back to back in order as adults, we may find ourselves doing a lot of fast forwarding!
Exactly! I've fast forwarded through the episodes I've gotten on VHS over the years.

ISNorden

Reaction score
In spite of all the repeats we'd skip, I'd still love to see a whole early season's worth of episodes (especially one that I was too young to remember the first time around). The only way I could see 130 full hours getting released on DVD, though, would be as a multi-volume set...which would take decades to finish producing the way things are now. (Thirteen ten-disc collector sets? Whew!)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think getting an entire season of Sesame Street would be near impossible; There's over 100 episodes per season! I could see Season 34 to now on DVd since those seasons are short, but I doubt they would release those seasons first.