Together Again: A Muppet FanFiction

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*shifty eyes*

I do have half of the next installment written. So, it's coming soon, I can tell you that!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<pokes head in>

Contrary to what my lack of replies implies, I have been keeping up with this tale... or... had been, until that last chapter, which I didn't see until today.

I had this idea that at the end of the story, I would surprise you with a big long detailed review of the entire thing.

And then I remembered that, gee, I'm not the only one on MC with unfinished stories...

And besides, I'm much too ushy gushy not to squeal over the last line of that last chapter. Therefore: <ahem> WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! SMOOCHIES! <happy wiggle boogie> Moi was NOT expecting that... but SO pleased to see it!

And then what happens? Then what? Then what? I don't know! You haven't posted. But you say you have half the next chapter ready, so YAY! I only have to poke the other half! <poke poke poke> <ahem> I try to behave now.

More please? I'm all excited now! What happens next what happens next what happens NEXT?

...So much for me behaving now. :stick_out_tongue: :halo:

More please?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hello children! Here is another installment! Yay! It's going to start getting intense...wait, well not quite yet. Soon. But we're getting ahead of ourselves.

P.S. Lisa - so happy that TogetherAgain is reading my story called Together Again! :smile: Tee hee.

October 11th, 2001 Continued

Kermit and Piggy pulled apart almost as quickly as they had embraced.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me,” said Kermit suddenly feeling a little sheepish.

“Don’t be sorry. That felt nice,” said Piggy.

“So…” said Kermit.

“Yeah…” said Piggy.

“Do you want to sit down?” asked Kermit.

Piggy knew her one hour was starting to tick away, but she didn’t care.

“Yes, that would be nice,” said Piggy.

They sat down opposite one another in a booth.

“So this is crazy. You must be married again by now. Or have a boyfriend,” said Kermit.

“Well…I am not married. But I do have a boyfriend,” said Piggy.

“I can’t see how you wouldn’t, you’re still just as beautiful as you always were,” said Kermit wistfully.

“Thanks. Um, I’m not that happy with him though,” said Piggy blushing a little.

“I’m so sorry to hear that,” said Kermit reaching over to take her hand.

That was all it took and suddenly Piggy was pouring her heart out. She told Kermit everything she had done over the last 15 years, her travels around the globe, her relationship with Pierre and then how she came to London and met Lady Holiday and Nicky.

She told him about running into Janice just a couple of weeks ago and finally how she came to be in New York.

“Well, I’m glad that you’re here. Since you’ve been really honest with me, I think I have to be honest with you as well,” said Kermit.

He told Piggy that he did date Jenny off and on for the last few years, told her about Pete’s passing away and his inheriting the diner, the emotions he felt on 9/11 and how Ronnie came to the diner.

Piggy cried a little as he talked. She really wasn’t angry that Kermit turned to Jenny after she left. She knew now that she had more or less driven him into her arms. Mostly she shed tears for Kermit’s heartache over the last 15 years.

When he was finished Kermit handed her a tissue.

“Thanks,” she sniffled as she dotted her eyes a bit.

“Piggy, none of this is your fault. You know that don’t you?” asked Kermit.

“Well, I should’ve tried to work it out with you all those years ago. Instead I ran. I was afraid of what was happening and I ran. And I was grieving the loss of what could’ve been our child,” said Piggy.

“I know, I was grieving too. I think that is why I behaved the way that I did. I didn’t know how to deal with it. I would’ve loved nothing more than to have had a child with you,” said Kermit.

“I know,” said Piggy quietly.

“Can you believe Fozzie is a father?” asked Kermit lightening the mood.

“You’re kidding, really?” said Piggy in surprise.

They then spent some more minutes talking about their friends and where they’d all been over the years.

They talked so long that they didn’t even notice the restaurant starting to fill up again for the dinner rush. And Piggy most definitely didn’t notice that her one hour of freedom had been done and over with hours ago. Her cell phone was ringing – but she’d stuck it on vibrate and didn’t hear it as it was tucked away in her purse.

Slowly their friends began to trickle back in but had the good sense to leave the two of them alone.

“So, now what?” asked Kermit.

“That’s a good question, I guess I really don’t know,” said Piggy.

“Piggy, I want you in the show, it wouldn’t be right without you, I wrote that part for you. It’s yours if you want it,” said Kermit.

“I do want it. I really do. But I have this job,” said Piggy.

“Do you really like your job though? Look, I’m not proposing we pick up where we left off or anything. I mean, so much time has passed. But, I just, I need you in the show Piggy. It wouldn’t feel right without you,” said Kermit again.

Piggy felt torn, but she hated her life as it was, so she knew what she had to do.

“Kermit, I will be in the show. But I need to go tie up my loose ends,” said Piggy.

“Of course. Do you want me to come with you?” asked Kermit.

“No, that’s ok, I am probably going to be fired anyway, I was supposed to be back there four hours ago,” said Piggy looking at her watch and realizing how much time had gone by.

“Ok, well, call if you need anything, um, do you need a place to stay?” asked Kermit.

“Oh I suppose I will. I didn’t think about that. I have things back in London too, but I’ll have to worry about that later,” said Piggy.

She stood up and started to head for the door.

“I’m really glad you’re here Piggy,” said Kermit even though he’d already said so several times over.

“Moi too, very much,” said Piggy lingering in the doorway.

“Hurry back?” asked Kermit.

“I’ll be back tomorrow morning, I promise,” said Piggy and finally crept out the door.

Kermit stood for a moment watching as she walked away and hailed a cab.

Fozzie came up behind him.

“So, she’s going to be in the show?” asked Fozzie.

“She’s going to be in the show,” said Kermit.

“And hopefully my life as well,” he thought but did not say out loud. He could only hope that they could bridge the gap time had left between them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Glomps Bethykins. Thank you for the update.
*Leaves cookies on the counter.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Hoooooray!

Thank you so much for this update!

It totally made my day! I have one crappy day at the office and was so happy when I saw the update in my inbox!

Piggy going to be in the show! The emotions between the two, everything was great! I can't wait to read what happens next. How Nicky is going to respond to Piggy leaving, what Lady Holiday will say; if Kermit and Piggy fall in love all over again... I LOVE IT!

Please post more updates soon, I'm sure i'll have many crappy days ahead!

Keep up the great work; hopefully i'll be able to start writing again soon

Best Wishes!

I'm so happy Piggy's back!:smile::smile:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Now that was a great update, it nice to see both Piggy and Kermit talk out their feelings and problems, as they are well on their way to patch things up. I mean it seems like there's nothing that can stop the gang from being reuinted and putting on their show. :smile:

I would love to encourage you to keep up the good work upon this great story of yours as I await the next update.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
VERY nice, Beth! I love it! The conversation was wonderful and very Kermit and Piggy. I loved the awkwardness they had after having been gone for so long but very obviously still being in love... Can't wait to see where this goes! More please! :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmmm... Don't know if this'll work as well as it does with Squeekums, but...

*Hangs muffin above Beth. Update please?

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
*Places leftover birthday cake and a tall glass of milk for beth*

I agree, please post an update soon! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Ari, have you gone through Toga's HOTSAM yet? *Warning: You'll need a teddy bear just for your teddy bear.