Together Again: A Muppet FanFiction

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*Sighs of relief* Thanks guys, like I said, we have hit the low, it'll get better from here. Phew. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*WIDE EYES* I... I anticipated something was coming (NO, not just because Lisa warned me to grab a teddy... :wink:), the writing up to the... low was very astute and I could tell something was coming. Brilliant work, Beth.

I REEEEEEEEEEALLY love the line Piggy stole from GMC. PERFECT timing. I loved Gonzo's line at the beginning too!

But... that finish... WOW. You handled it and wrote it extremely well, Beth. And... now I understand why you sought the humor of Mid-Age. :stick_out_tongue:

Yet another terrific chapter, Beth! I really can't wait to see where it goes from here! So, with that...

MORE PLEASE! ! !

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Late evening October 11th/Morning October 12th

“This is the room right?”

“Dios mio, didn’t jou read the message? Room 222, prime rib hokay?”

Two hotel workers stood outside of the room where Piggy lay unconscious.

“I’m sorry Pepe, I’m just nervous cause we’re so late,” said one of the workers, a bluish colored elephant.

“Seymour, relax, jou know this is not our fault hokay? The kitchen screwed up. Now knock on the door!” bellowed the other worker, a smaller figure of the crustacean persuasion.

“I just want to get off of being a bell hop, room service gives better tips and this is our only chance to prove ourselves,” said Seymour as he knocked on the door.

No answer came of course.

“Dios mio, we are not that late, why would they leave,” sighed Pepe.

“I don’t know, should we go in? Maybe they’re just too busy to answer the door,” said Seymour.

“It’s so quiet though, I don’t know,” said Pepe.

“Come on, let’s just try it,” said Seymour.

“Oh hokay, hokay, it’s your fault if we get in trouble,” said Pepe and got out the master key.

They pushed the cart into the room and gasped as they saw Piggy in a crumpled up heap on the floor by the bed.

“Holy tamales, dis sexy lady is hurt!” said Pepe.

“Miss? Can you hear us? Hello?” said Seymour bending down to Piggy on the floor. “She is breathing I think,” he said looking back at Pepe.

“Well what are jou waiting for, call 911!” shouted the prawn, obviously nervous about the situation.

“I hope we’re not too late,” said Seymour picking up the phone.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next morning the entire gang gathered at Pete’s once again. Ronnie was coming to start discussing rehearsals and details and then would lead them over to the theatre so they could see where they’d be spending a great deal of time very soon.

Kermit got breakfast out for everyone and then decided he needed to stop putting off the inevitable. If Piggy was back in his life, no matter what it meant, he knew it was time to finally end things with Jenny. He wanted to be honest with her and hoped she’d still want to be friends.

Since he knew Piggy was coming in this morning, he also knew his time was limited, so he stood up from his table where he was having coffee with Rowlf and Fozzie and went to find Jenny in the kitchen.

“Jenny?” asked Kermit delicately.

“Yes Kermit” said Jenny.

“We need to talk. Want to go for a walk?” asked Kermit.

“That sounds nice, let’s go,” said Jenny then called to Rizzo to watch the front.

They walked in silence for a bit as the busy city hustled around them.

“Look Kermit, I know this is about Piggy,” said Jenny after a few minutes.

“You do?” said Kermit.

“I had to figure this was coming after she came in yesterday. Kermit, I know you have a past, a history with her. It’s ok,” said Jenny.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen yet,” said Kermit.

“Is she going to do the show?” asked Jenny.

“Yes, she’s supposed to be meeting us this morning,” said Kermit.

“Well, then it sounds to me like you’ll be spending some time together so maybe you can figure out your feelings,” said Jenny.

“You aren’t going to be mad at me? The last thing I’d ever want to do is hurt you. I want us to still be friends…you mean so much to me,” said Kermit stopping and facing Jenny.

Jenny took Kermit’s hand.

“I will never be mad at you or stop being your friend. You mean a lot to me too. You were there for me during some really tough times,” she said as her voice broke a bit.

“The same goes for me,” said Kermit also choking up a bit. Jenny knelt to his level and they embraced and stood together for a long time.

Jenny pulled back a little and wiped tears out of her and Kermit’s eyes.

“Your happiness means so much to me and you have to admit, we’re really better friends than anything else,” said Jenny.

“I hate to admit that you’re right. I think I wanted to do right by your dad and take care of you because he took care of me for all those years,” said Kermit.

“Trust me Kermit; my dad would be so thrilled you sold the show as he always believed in your dream. And while he loved you like a son, I don’t think he exactly expected you to marry me,” said Jenny.

“I suppose that’s true,” said Kermit.

“Come on, let’s head back to the diner, I’m sure Piggy will be there soon and um, isn’t Ronnie supposed to be coming soon too?” asked Jenny.

“If I didn’t know any better I’d say you have a crush on Ronnie!” said Kermit teasing a little.

“Well, um, he’s kind of good looking,” said Jenny.

“I am so wounded! I officially break things off with you and the first thing you want to do is run to another man’s arms right away?” teased Kermit some more with a twinkle in his eye.

“No, it’s not that, um, well, you see,” stumbled Jenny.

“Relax, I’m teasing you. If you want, I could ask him what he thinks of you,” said Kermit.

“No! I’d die,” said Jenny.

“You’re right. I’ll just let Rizzo do it the way he did with showing Ronnie my script!” said Kermit and started to run.

“You wouldn’t dare!” yelled Jenny and started running after him laughing.

They got back to Pete’s and paused outside for a moment.

“So we’re ok?” asked Kermit.

“100% ok,” said Jenny smiling.

Kermit smiled too. Things were starting to feel normal again. Now he just had to wait for Piggy to come back as she'd promised the day before.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Beth... this is SO GOOD! ! ! I love Pepe and Seymour's entrance--that was so exciting. They were great! Not many people include Seymour, so not many people get a chance to write him, but you did a great job with him! Pepe was also very, very funny. Good stuff. And I'm glad someone's saving Piggy.

Kermit's scene with Jenny was great. Loved how they both knew they'd be better off as just friends. But BOY do I miss Pete... :smirk:

AWESOME chapter, Beth! Keep it up!

More please! ! !

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Kermit's scene with Jenny was great. Loved how they both knew they'd be better off as just friends. But BOY do I miss Pete... :smirk:
I have on more than one occasion wish I hadn't written Pete out so close to the beginning, I miss him too! I'll tell you a secret, one of the big reasons I did it was out of fear I wouldn't be able to write his broken English very well. The one flashback scene I put him in was hard enough! And I think I only gave him one line there! Poor Pete. Peoples is peoples.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Oh no! Kermit's going to think that Piggy left him again! Ooh the tension is mounting, I love it!

Please post more soon!:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm Monsters are so hungry... We want an update right now! Please?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey! Will this not get updated/finished? There's some fresh maple walnut cookies if you post some story. Pwease? :insatiable:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh it will - sadly I'm at a crossroads as to what needs to happen next. I know where it is going, but I have to find a bridge to get it there and not have it all seem too far fetched. I'll continue to ponder it though.