*Sigh* It's That Time of the Decade Again...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I said it before, the kids programming, at the same time, gets better and worse. For every Word Girl, Curious George, and Piggly Winks they buy every season, we have terrible dirrivitive trite like (again) Superwhy, undead zombies sucking the life out of the line up (Barney and Teletubbies)
Don't forget Boo-Bah:stick_out_tongue:[

Then I never saw it again, burried under Wayne Dyer, Suzie Orman, and Rich Dad Poor Dad.
Yuck, I can't stand that stuff. That's the kind of stuff reserved for an Oparh kind of audience.:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Don't forget Boo-Bah:stick_out_tongue:
Is it wrong that show's creepiness intrigues me? But more in an after hours club as a teenager sort of way…not that I ever went to after hours clubs as a teen. :halo: That's when the Boo-Bah's get ya! :eek:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
in an after hours club as a teenager sort of way…not that I ever went to after hours clubs as a teen :halo:
Are you sure? :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it wrong that show's creepiness intrigues me? But more in an after hours club as a teenager sort of way…not that I ever went to after hours clubs as a teen. :halo: That's when the Boo-Bah's get ya! :eek:
It luckily flopped. At least in my area. Targets had walls of BooBah merchandise they just couldn't get rid of. I mean, was the point of it to be an excersize program? The 2 times I dared to watch a minute of it, there was nothing excersize or education realted. Basically is was just an excuse to make a cheap kiddy program that appeals to the youngest and lowest common denominator.

I still suspect the Brits that decided to bring that to the US were still secretly angry about that whole Tea Party thing a couple hundred years ago.

I know they have a culture for odd children's TV programs, but there's a fine line difference between weird and stupid.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It luckily flopped. At least in my area. Targets had walls of BooBah merchandise they just couldn't get rid of. I mean, was the point of it to be an excersize program? The 2 times I dared to watch a minute of it, there was nothing excersize or education realted. Basically is was just an excuse to make a cheap kiddy program that appeals to the youngest and lowest common denominator.

I still suspect the Brits that decided to bring that to the US were still secretly angry about that whole Tea Party thing a couple hundred years ago.

I know they have a culture for odd children's TV programs, but there's a fine line difference between weird and stupid.
Well said and well played. Incidentally, the show flopped where I live as well.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't seen it on either air.

Yeah, I know what you mean, heh! The wed site had sort of a cult following before the show hit US air waves and I have to say I was one of the people intrigued by the strangeness of it all. And for some reason I could stop watching when it came on, lol! I'm one of those people who doesn't mind bad within reason, and there's something about it that I just could not escape from.:search:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Each to their own. All that show did was further cement my dislike for modern TV in general.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't hate all modern day TV,but that is another subject all together.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Which is why when I'm in television, I'm going to make sure all my shows have that "old school" look and feel to them... but no so much everyone's walking around in polyester leisure suits, and saying "far out" all the time, lol!