Traditional Animation: The Return

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it did too, and that did sort of go back to the whole formulaic thing that they had going before after that.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
You should check out the website of Chris Sanders' website. He's doing an online comic right now that's ever so cool, plus he's currently directing a movie for Dreamworks. Should be some cool stuff a'comin'!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Late contribution to the Randy Newman discussion...

Just wanted to note that Randy Newman did a pretty good job on the music for The Three Amigos. Sure, the songs didn't really do much to move the story along, and weren't really meant to, but they were pretty good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I felt like Lilo and Stitch broke from the mold, but ultimately Disney wasn't comfortable with that, so their films went back to stale formula.
And yet, it was so successful, they were able to milk Stitch for years to come. there are 3 DTV movies, 2 basically are for the animated series (one as an opening pilot, the other served as the series finalie), aforementioned cartoon series, walls and walls of merchandise. There's even a Japanese spin off in the works.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
And yet, it was so successful, they were able to milk Stitch for years to come. there are 3 DTV movies, 2 basically are for the animated series (one as an opening pilot, the other served as the series finalie), aforementioned cartoon series, walls and walls of merchandise. There's even a Japanese spin off in the works.
I know, and it's pathetic. The subsequent sequels are everything the
first movie was trying NOT to be. Sigh....

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Just wanted to note that Randy Newman did a pretty good job on the music for The Three Amigos. Sure, the songs didn't really do much to move the story along, and weren't really meant to, but they were pretty good.
Newman also helped write the script and was the voice of the singing bush! I love Randy Newman's work! Listen to "Sail Away." The most touching song with dark political commentary ever...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know, and it's pathetic. The subsequent sequels are everything the
first movie was trying NOT to be. Sigh....
I know. It was Eisner at the helm.:smirk:

You should check out the website of Chris Sanders' website. He's doing an online comic right now that's ever so cool, plus he's currently directing a movie for Dreamworks. Should be some cool stuff a'comin'!
Thanks! Will do! Can't wait!

wiley207

Reaction score
No offense, but didn't you once go on a rant about how much like a Dreamworks film it would be? Now you say it's boring? I'm confused.
The previous opinion was just from seeing commercials and trailers. The second was from after actually watching some of the film!