Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

beaker

Reaction score
I saw this on Comingsoon.net, and I had to do a double take. I seriously thought this film was in development heck. My my my...

We are one step closer to the impossible becoming possible...add to this Dark Crystal sequel, and the Stoller/Segal Muppet film, and we're looking at glorious times.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:coy: The Weinstein Company wouldn't have been my first pick for a distributor, however they are known for allowing more creative freedom for writers, directors and properties so this might be the best fit. I wonder about the budget?

:excited: The film is now on course going forward instead of rocking backwards into the development phase again. I wonder what film will come out first – Segel’s Muppet move or the Fraggle film?

:busy: Notable Weinstein films include: Transamerica, Rambo 2008, Michael Moore's Sicko, Hannibal Rising, Miss Potter, Hoodwinked, The Matador, Derailed, The Libertine, Mrs Henderson Presents, Clerks II, Grindhouse, Halloween 2007 and this year's animated Igor film starring John Cusack. They also produce television programs like Project Runway and are responsible for releasing Jim Henson Company's animated Three Pigs and a Baby.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I wonder if my question will be answered come release time.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
If it's marketed right ... everyone will show up.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Another news article, this time from Entertainment Weekly (it was listed on the front page of their site!)

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,20199641,00.html

And let me just state before anyone goes off into a tizzy:

"The puppet characters Gogo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober, and Red will be among those who will venture outside their cave home for the film and interact with humans, which they think are aliens."

I'm pretty sure whoever wrote this blurb probably just messed up the Fraggle concept of Outer Space. Obviously Fraggles know what humans--Silly Creatures--are, and I seriously doubt they would negate that from the story. I'm sure this person saw "Outer Space" and didn't know that that's how Fraggles refer to the human world outside the Rock.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'm sure this person saw "Outer Space" and didn't know that that's how Fraggles refer to the human world outside the Rock.
Perhaps they meant "alien" in terms of us humans as being foreign to Fraggles, because sans Doc or those seen by Uncle Matt, we humans are foreign to Fraggles.