Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hmm. Cory Edwards is writing?

Was Doogal any good? I didn't see it, and I really can't remember if I liked Hoodwinked.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Hannibal Rising? That's creepy. Going from Hannibal Lector to Fraggle Rock...:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I went over there!

:coy: I just posted this over there:

Henson Co & Cast Back. Global Market For Fraggle Film!
by frogboy4

:excited: Fans, The Henson Company and Fraggle Rock’s performers have been waiting for this news for a very long time. Nobody will let them mess this up – that’s probably why this property didn’t go to Disney. Fraggle Rock (an international program) was created by Jim Henson to inspire the idea of peace and connectedness in the minds of the world's children - that's the audience, not just nostalgic fanboys. There is a global market for this film and we need the Fraggles back now more than ever.
________________________________​
:smirk: The only problem with the Fraggles is that they passed some people up as far as target age. It's usually among *some* folk who are now 35+ and don't care for Fraggle Rock. The message was intended to inspire children while entertaining all. There is definitely something in the Fraggles' innocence that puts off the more cynical-minded. Sad, but true. To each their own. Those folk can go see the latest snarky Adam Sandler offering instead. The crude and uninspired perpetuation of stereo-types does much in the area of understanding one another. Man, do we need the Fraggles. I need them.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
:coy: I just posted this over there:

Henson Co & Cast Back. Global Market For Fraggle Film!
by frogboy4

:excited: Fans, The Henson Company and Fraggle Rock’s performers have been waiting for this news for a very long time. Nobody will let them mess this up – that’s probably why this property didn’t go to Disney. Fraggle Rock (an international program) was created by Jim Henson to inspire the idea of peace and connectedness in the minds of the world's children - that's the audience, not just nostalgic fanboys. There is a global market for this film and we need the Fraggles back now more than ever.
________________________________​
:smirk: The only problem with the Fraggles is that they passed some people up as far as target age. It's usually among *some* folk who are now 35+ and don't care for Fraggle Rock. The message was intended to inspire children while entertaining all. There is definitely something in the Fraggles' innocence that puts off the more cynical-minded. Sad, but true. To each their own. Those folk can go see the latest snarky Adam Sandler offering instead. The crude and uninspired perpetuation of stereo-types does much in the area of understanding one another. Man, do we need the Fraggles. I need them.
This post literally moved me to tears. Well said. I applaud. Jim, Richard, and Jerry would've been proud, I think. *warm-hearted smile out of fondness for the Fraggles and respect for frogboy*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was a little irritated by the naysayers there - most of whom know little about Fraggle Rock in the first place.

I also keep reading accounts around the web where it is stated there will be no CG and others stating it will be entirely CG. Both statements, from earlier accounts, are wrong. It's mainly puppets with a little bit of CG thrown in where needed. As always Henson is about the practical live effects while embracing new technology. I am actually looking forward to what the performers and filmmakers can do with the Fraggles with today's materials to work with. :excited: I know it will be the right blend. :coy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Thanks. I was a little irritated by the naysayers there - most of whom know little about Fraggle Rock in the first place.

I also keep reading accounts around the web where it is stated there will be no CG and others stating it will be entirely CG. Both statements, from earlier accounts, are wrong. It's mainly puppets with a little bit of CG thrown in where needed. As always Henson is about the practical live effects while embracing new technology. I am actually looking forward to what the performers and filmmakers can do with the Fraggles with today's materials to work with. :excited: I know it will be the right blend. :coy:
One can only hope the film generates the same fire that the series itself did.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
HBO would air Fraggle Rock every morning before I went to school, so I caught every episode and what a way to start the day. I must say I'm very excited to see this news all over the nets.

Can you imagine if all these films start hitting at the same time ie. Where the Wild Things Are, Fraggle Rock, The Muppets Return = Freak out! It's raining Muppets :flirt:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
HBO would air Fraggle Rock every morning before I went to school, so I caught every episode and what a way to start the day. I must say I'm very excited to see this news all over the nets.

Can you imagine if all these films start hitting at the same time ie. Where the Wild Things Are, Fraggle Rock, The Muppets Return = Freak out! It's raining Muppets :flirt:
As it should! Henson's creations deserve a comeback!