Fozzie Muppet Replica delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
hmmmm. I wasn't making a comparison so I'm not sure you read my post right. I was just saying that I missed the days when a Muppet product was rolling out at a (fairly) consistent state. When you always had something to look forward to and the question wasn't "if" but "when."

I wasn't comparing MR's situation to Pal's at all. You're right, they're two TOTALLY different things. I'm also very aware of all the struggles at Pal and very thankful that they worked through them to get us such fantastic product (up until it became too much of a fight with apathetic retailers and Disney's lack of cooperation, that is).

I don't think I mentioned anything about communication in my post either...
Oh, the communication area with MR was just my specific note. I wish they'd be a little more up front with us die-hard fans than they are, but they are short staffed and don't have anyone approaching Ken. It's unfair for me to even say that because that dude never sleeps! I'm serious, he doesn't. :eek:

There have been several comparisons made by many of us (me included) about the companies. I also liked the regularity of Palisades' waves, but they are remembered as being more regular than they really were. I remember waves and playsets being released months after expectations. I also remember the frustrations on both sides. * That's mainly what I was saying. We think of things a bit rosier now, but they had their share of delays. That's why I mentioned communication. Ken always kept things transparent to the fans and that diffused much of the anxiety. :wink:

I'm still surprised Disney is backing this. They should have tried to work with Palisades but I think there was too much foot-dragging and disinterest on the mouse's end of things. I suspect that, again, because Ken would really keep on task with things.

One product that I wish MR/Corgi, Disney or even CMX would create are mini Muppet PVCs for the stores. Not as detailed as Palisades minis, but better than the classic Schleich. I've seen some rather attractive several figure sets in Disney Stores when films are released (like with Robinsons, Ratatouille and others) and it would be great to see a Muppet set of those even before 2010. That's what people want from the Disney online store too - not that expensive and unattractive Glycee Animal poster. Ick!

Drtooth

Reaction score
One product that I wish MR/Corgi, Disney or even CMX would create are mini Muppet PVCs for the stores. Not as detailed as Palisades minis, but better than the classic Schleich. I've seen some rather attractive several figure sets in Disney Stores when films are released (like with Robinsons, Ratatouille and others) and it would be great to see a Muppet set of those even before 2010. That's what people want from the Disney online store too - not that expensive and unattractive Glycee Animal poster. Ick!
I really liked the Disney Store PVC collections. The paint jobs were a bit sloppy at times, but they had some great sculpts. I think the Chicken Little set was amazing. I agree. Disney really should have something similar to that for sale at their stores. Only reason why I'm posting here, anyway.

Garland

Reaction score
Sadness is setting in....Somebody, anybody... give us a little hope!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hopefully we'll see Fozzie in 2009 as stated and he'll be so fantastic we can' thelp but want many of them for each of us!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Maybe I overlooked something, but, where was it stated that Fozzie won't be out until spring of 2009?

I know that's probably the case, but I didn't see that confirmed anywhere on here. Online stores (with the exception of Amazon) still say you'll be able to pre-order him in September. I know that's probably inaccurate, but I just didn't see this post (outside of specualtion) that said spring of '09.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Maybe I overlooked something, but, where was it stated that Fozzie won't be out until spring of 2009?

I know that's probably the case, but I didn't see that confirmed anywhere on here. Online stores (with the exception of Amazon) still say you'll be able to pre-order him in September. I know that's probably inaccurate, but I just didn't see this post (outside of specualtion) that said spring of '09.
You missed a reply from Travis, in his ask a question thread,he confirmed that they let the factory go(the second factory to work on Muppet photo puppets) and are now looking for another factory and this will throw things back and now Fozzie will likely be Spring 2009.
It is a shame about the delays because the line will end at the end of 2010, so after Fozzie, it wont leave much time for too many more...maybe only one or two, depending on how the factory can catch on.I wish they could make Miss Piggy and Rowlf before it ends.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
You missed a reply from Travis, in his ask a question thread,he confirmed that they let the factory go(the second factory to work on Muppet photo puppets) and are now looking for another factory and this will throw things back and now Fozzie will likely be Spring 2009.
It is a shame about the delays because the line will end at the end of 2010, so after Fozzie, it wont leave much time for too many more...maybe only one or two, depending on how the factory can catch on.I wish they could make Miss Piggy and Rowlf before it ends.
Ah, thank you!

The end of 2010 might allow room for three more after Fozzie. If that's the case, I might look into getting the whole series rather than a few select characters. Other than Miss Piggy, I would hope for Rowlf, and either Scooter or Floyd. I would really love a Robin, but I think Floyd would be the better choice.

Maybe there will be time for four after Fozzie and we'll get all of those. It would be wonderful to have Richard and Jerry represented in this line of replicas.

muppetperson

Reaction score
If there is room for more, the next after Rowlf that I would like to see is Scooter, wearing his Muppet Show jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.