Fozzie Muppet Replica delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Working in entertainment I know from a number of buy-outs that I was repositioned, moved to other buildings of the parent company, and in some situations at a certain radio station they let go of ALL non essential emplyees to look better for their payroll books for interested buyers. I think all of us will continue to call it MR regardless. We have known (as I mentioned) MR as a brand name of great replicas and licensed products with high standards. The restructuring of personel from other subsidaries into MR could cause delays. It's a shaking up that puts the entire companies employees on unfamilair and uncertain future mentality. I see it as MR not being fully prepared to make the outing to the con. Moneys are probably being handled differently. Graphics and dispalys, and airfares, and everyhting that is a huge task to send representatives out. I wouldn't want unorganization, or my staff lookining like idiots not having answers, being uncomfortable communicating with the public, possile new staff not being proficient in details of the products,all the while trying to put on a good public showing for the company.

I have faith in Trav-daddy. Thank him for devoting his time to his work and in turn, working for us. I do not want to see a pre-order on da bear. :frown: (sad) until the company is ready to give us their best. Be secure in what their doing, and making good business decisions to ensure their future for great products. We all waited most of our lives for this chance to own these friends of our childhood. It will happen. We unfortunately now need to find other muppet topics to reinvigorate our love for the fuzzy guys. HAving fun talking about what if's and dream products. remembering things from our past that relate, etc. We all speak in unison that we will stand behind MR to make the best product, we have faith in them, and as explained by Travis, he had a greater hold of the line. He will make sure it's done right. For those reasons I ask that we all show a huge sign of faith for Travis, CSTom, and MR letting them know we are patient and will wait for them to do it right.

Opinions?

Kevin Knight

I totally agree.

Telly

Reaction score
Maybe Corgi should just pay Terry to make them? :stick_out_tongue:

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Man, how bad does it stink that we find ourselves in this position time and time again? It would be so nice if these guys were selling like hotcakes and MR were able to keep to their 4 per year plan.

I miss the early days of the Muppet figures when they were coming out with series after series of Muppet-y goodness and there was never a question of if or when.

Fozzie would be a dream come true. I have no doubt that if he ever comes out, he'll be just as spectacular as the others. I'm just doing my best to keep my hopes to a minimum so that I'm not too disappointed.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Remember that none of us really know anything other than what Terry has told us. Otherwise, we are all going by our own instints of what we think might happen, but nothing is offical as of yet.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Man, how bad does it stink that we find ourselves in this position time and time again? It would be so nice if these guys were selling like hotcakes and MR were able to keep to their 4 per year plan.

I miss the early days of the Muppet figures when they were coming out with series after series of Muppet-y goodness and there was never a question of if or when.

Fozzie would be a dream come true. I have no doubt that if he ever comes out, he'll be just as spectacular as the others. I'm just doing my best to keep my hopes to a minimum so that I'm not too disappointed.
The Palisades days were fantastic, but many of us see them a bit rosier than the reality. The fact is that the entire series one line of Palisades Muppet Show figures were pushed back multiple times. Many waves were either too close together or too far apart and let's not forget the playset delays. It is also a very different type of product in a different production number with different sorts of buyers and vendors. Many figures and lineups were altered and there were also a slew of factory issues. Multiple factories as well.

It really isn't a fair comparison, however I wish they'd keep the die-hard fans updated and be a bit more open with information. Every company has a different policy on this and I think Palisades' was better at keeping the fans in the loop. However, talk to Ken about the stress involved with that.

I'm no blind cheerleader, but it is my independent assessment that Fozzie Bear will be released. It's a great thing they're not releasing something sub-standard (and this is likely costing them money). A complete product launch from conception to our homes can take from 6 to 18 months (usually about 8 or 9). This is why I think that Fozzie will be sitting pretty in our collections sometime next spring.

Beauregard

Reaction score
To be fair...one a year is about right for my budget :stick_out_tongue: So I'm not really complaining...Though, with all this talk of them not releaseing the others I am growing more and more inclined to buy Animal while he's still available.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The thread title has been updated to reflect the latest news on the factory delays.

Bear Man

Reaction score
I'm not surprised at the news that the bear has been delayed, and I worry that changes within the company, the economy and the collectibles market might mean we won't see him make it to retail.

It sounds so stupid to be upset by something as trivial as this, but I've had so much bad news in the last month - family members getting sick, losing my job (which might mean I need to leave the US if I can't get a new visa), and a bunch of other things that I won't go into here - but I was really looking forward to at least being able to order Fozzie and add a bright spot to what is currently a pretty depressing situation. Heck, MR can send me the patterns and I'll order fur specificially from National Fiber Technology. Would cost me about 10 times what a retail Fozzie would, but at least it would give me something to do with all my spare time! :sympathy: (I kid, I know that's not how these things work)

Ignohippo

Reaction score
It really isn't a fair comparison, however I wish they'd keep the die-hard fans updated and be a bit more open with information. Every company has a different policy on this and I think Palisades' was better at keeping the fans in the loop. However, talk to Ken about the stress involved with that.

hmmmm. I wasn't making a comparison so I'm not sure you read my post right. I was just saying that I missed the days when a Muppet product was rolling out at a (fairly) consistent state. When you always had something to look forward to and the question wasn't "if" but "when."

I wasn't comparing MR's situation to Pal's at all. You're right, they're two TOTALLY different things. I'm also very aware of all the struggles at Pal and very thankful that they worked through them to get us such fantastic product (up until it became too much of a fight with apathetic retailers and Disney's lack of cooperation, that is).

I don't think I mentioned anything about communication in my post either...

Status
Not open for further replies.