Fozzie Muppet Replica delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telly

Reaction score
I don't mean to be skeptical, but I was thinking about it this morning. If they had 500 pre-orders, they could magically find a factory all of a sudden? :search:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to be skeptical, but I was thinking about it this morning. If they had 500 pre-orders, they could magically find a factory all of a sudden? :search:
If they had 500 preorders for a solid price they could feel comfortable paying a higher fee for a higher quality factory that could handle Fozzie. This type of product is so specific that it takes a certain level of skill and that is where the other factories fell short - especially in the area of eye focus.

I think Fozzie's issues are ones of head shape and facial proportions. If the subtleties are off the sales will be too and they'll have a back stock of the bear to keep the loads of Gonzos and Animals company. Now, don't believe for a second that those products will be gathering dust. That is not how the industry works. Basically a wholesaler purchases the un-sellable stock, usually at a loss to the company selling it. They sit on it for a while, create scarcity and end up making a slower long-term profit. That doesn't help MR much. That makes Gonzo and Animal money-losers and it doesn't inspire interest in future Muppet replicas.

I think they should put out a more expensive limited edition Fozzie and then focus on making the Muppet moments figurines (but scrap the Mayhem designs other than Janice and maybe Zoot). More detailed and authentic-looking Muppet figures on par with the fantastic Disney stuff they release are ideal. I can see a Rowlf the Dog playing his upright piano with his ears in mid-flop and the official theme sheet music in front of him. That's more of a money-maker. There's a scarcity of Rowlf figures in general - and few that people are happy with. There are many more ideas of that sort that could turn the Muppet brand around at Master Replicas in this new era of Disney's Muppet push. They already hold these rights - they should exploit the frog out of 'em!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Market Test Pre Order

I dont think they are really looking at the moment.MR did say that they arent going onto the next level till more interest picks up.They said if they had 500 definate orders they could start tomorrow so they must have something in mind.I have put a suggestion over at the MR forum to work out a price on a 500 edition run and do a Market Test Pre Order.If we know it is subject to cancellation, we wont jump up and down (I hope:embarrassed:)if they cant get the numbers, knowing that they have given it a chance.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Not in my case.... :big_grin:
Nor mine! After all, it is Fozzie Bear we're talking about here. I can't afford to bjuy more than one, but I definitely will buy one! :embarrassed:

BTW, I did post on MR Forums and asked if they could tell us how many pre-orders there are so we can get more on board. I think if we knew how close the 500 number is, it could push folks into pre-ordering.

Were there ever any pictures of the Muppet Moments figurines? It would be nice to have Muppet figurines similar to the Disneyana collections we used to sell for premium prices at The Disney Store in the early 1990's.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nor mine! After all, it is Fozzie Bear we're talking about here. I can't afford to bjuy more than one, but I definitely will buy one! :embarrassed:

BTW, I did post on MR Forums and asked if they could tell us how many pre-orders there are so we can get more on board. I think if we knew how close the 500 number is, it could push folks into pre-ordering.

Were there ever any pictures of the Muppet Moments figurines? It would be nice to have Muppet figurines similar to the Disneyana collections we used to sell for premium prices at The Disney Store in the early 1990's.
The ones in the middle are MR's proposed Mayhem prototypes. I just don't see the reason for them. They would likely be pricier than the figures were (or maybe even pricier than an Ebay Zoot), but they don't have the attention to detail the figures had. You would think the lack of articulation would cause them to have more fluidity of form, but that is not the case except for Janice. These poses are merely lifted from the licensing stock art. There were ways to make these really cool that weren't explored. I think the Rowlf idea was best. Fozzie slipping on a banana peel would also be a good pose. A Bunsen and Beaker experiment where they could actually create a fun full-bodied expressive scene with transparent flasks and tiny singe marks would be fun too. I do like the Mayhem, but these stiff poses make me think they should be salt and pepper shakers or something. MR really went the wrong way with these. There's an exciting and marketable wealth in such moments that they should exploit while they retain the rights to do so!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I have to agree with you, Froggy. Those are...I mean they're nice and all, but a company like MR making something that's so stiff looking. They look posed. They don't look like they can just get up and start doing something. After the beautiful posers they've made that you feel like Kermit, Gonzo, and Animal should just start talking, these look so dead. I hope before they go to the expense of making them they get a new prototype done with more of a Muppety action.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
HOLY MOLY! I go away to patiently wait for factories, twidle my thumbs till a three month away pre-order date is announced, whistle Dixie till good advertising photos are released and everything is topsy turvy!

TRAV-DADDY! Bro, dude, daddy! Well you fought the good fight my friend. Now it's taking care of baby Mr. Mom. Hopefully you have some prospects. Your customer relation skills are A++++. Good attitude, and your good people. Best Wishes, and welcome back to fandom land. ****!

i am going to make this as brief as I know how. I only heard about the Kermit poser through MC. I only ever saw one at a Newbury comics retail store, where they jacked his price to $330. You think they would get in an agreement and market these posers in Disney stores? Spencer gifts, Hallmark, Toys R Us, FAO Schwartz.

I would be digging on a Muppet Show window display of the three current releases with even a cardboard cut out of the Fozzie proto. Red curtain, cardboard printed wood floor, a hanging cardboard printed Muppet Show sign with spotlights from above? With a plan-o-gram of how to and in which manner to pose them.

Unless you are Muppet fanatic nutbag like us, or are immature forever scoping out Toy Review magazines and see the ads for MR distributors, who only do online, sell at geekfest conventions, and phone, you would never know about these products. I say this after being informed that there really was or is no marketing campaign for these items due to their high price point in the retail store market. Even if each Spencer's store bought just ONE each with a cardboard display. I can imagine what his price would be for a relatively low run, and against my better judgement, I would say YES. I WILL BUY ONE. But he better be perfect for the gamble.

(How did I do? was that shorter than usual?)

Kevin Knight

Every :smile: needs his :embarrassed:!

One last time; everyone... BRING ON DA' BEAR!

Bear Man

Reaction score
Can't say I'm surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised. Now I just dislike Animal even more for taking up a slot that should have been filled by Fozzie. I doubt so much that he will ever be made now - I think Master Replicas will be interested in these polls, but not do much about them. After all, it's one thing to click a button that says you'd buy, and another thing to actually put up the money, and they know that. Also, there just is not the traffic through either of the forums to get 500 people to say they would pay an unstated amount of money to buy the product. Last time I visited the MR board it was a virtual ghost town, and there is not much new happening in this section of this board either (the rest of Muppet Central may be a different matter, I can't say as I'm not active in those other sections/threads, but activity here has definitely waned). I know personally I visit here less and less - really the only reason I even look any more was to see if there was an update on the replicas - now that they have officially been put into a hiatus that they have not much chance of coming out of, I doubt I'll be back much at all. And given that here and MR are pretty much the only places I would hear of the product making it to release, even if Fozzie did come out I probably wouldn't know to buy one...kind of a vicious cycle - they don't release/delay product, people stop asking for it after a while, then when it is ready to release they don't have the customer interest or knowledge so they don't release/delay the product...

Ok, well if anyone hears any news about release, or Terry offers to sell a pattern for a Pointy-Headed Guy (I know he never would - that was a joke. But in reality that's all I would want, a foam head pattern and a fleece/fur covering pattern and I'd do the rest!) someone drop me a PM. Otherwise I'll stick my head in once a month or so and see what's up.

Laters, gang!

Muppets Mad

Reaction score
Hey guys

I just wanted to say that i had already pre ordered fozzie bear from the collectors zone and i am a defenate buyer! I dont just want fozzie bear i NEED him as my kermit, animal and gonzo are lonely!

Please dont tell me that they are not making him. they better do! Im so upset that this has happened as i was planning on buying every single muppet replica they dish out. So i hope it all still goes ahead.

Does anyone know what is gonna happen with any other muppet future releases or has it stopped at the moment?:embarrassed:

Im desperate to keep my collection going as im sure most of you are. please let me know!:excited:

love sammi xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.