What is the one thing that was talked about in the series...

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't think that's true...But then I like all the seasons:excited:...

I think it is possible to use a word, know what it means, and to never have seen it...
Like Chipmunks. Here in California we don't have them, and I have never seen a live one, but I know they are real :smile:.

If song keeps the rock alive I think I would be using every silly creature word I could to make up lyrics...But I think the fraggle tribe culture has a bit of OCD about making sure things rhyme or at least sound good in a song...

Of course then a fraggle zoo and tiger, and popcorn could be different than it is in the human world... ((A tiger: A creature with three heads and sharp teeth))

It is not too hard to picture them with kites since China has had them for so long...

Hmmm..I dunno, I think the series was just not long enough to show everything the rock had to offer:cry:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But I think the fraggle tribe culture has a bit of OCD about making sure things rhyme or at least sound good in a song...
Just like Animaniacs! and other musical hit shows, for we know that Yakko's World was incorrect (Romania is actually what Transylvania is really called in the national sense, Tibet was still--and is still--being considered under Chinese ownership, the Soviet Union had split by the time the show aired [even though this song specifically seemed to be set before the split of the Soviet Union], etc.)--even for its time--but it was darn sure entertaining.

Redsonga

Reaction score
*bump*
Now that I have seen the whole series I would have liked for them to have put the mer-fraggles in a few more episodes and maybe give them a history..and I would have liked to see where the rest of the caves went in Uncle Matt's room...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, in relation to the merggles, I am too a bit disenheartened to know that they're merely one-note characters, but what could you really say about fraggles with fish tails? In regards to Matt's room, perhaps it is best to leave some caves un-explored, as that leaves us fans the opportunity to fill in said caves with whatever we wish.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, in relation to the merggles, I am too a bit disenheartened to know that they're merely one-note characters, but what could you really say about fraggles with fish tails? In regards to Matt's room, perhaps it is best to leave some caves un-explored, as that leaves us fans the opportunity to fill in said caves with whatever we wish.
A lot :big_grin:! But then, maybe that is my Disney's Little Mermaid six year old fangirl talking :coy:...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
A lot :big_grin:! But then, maybe that is my Disney's Little Mermaid six year old fangirl talking :coy:...
That and there's only so much one could say before stories would get bone dry & tiresome.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
How can Fraggles be naive about human technology or conventions and then mention them in song?
That's a great point there and yeah, you're right, they did seem to know more in songs than they knew in real life.

I would have loved to have seen more Doc & Fraggle interaction after 'Change of Address'. Yeah, the show could have continued and I would never have minded. I love the interactions between Gobo and Doc, there was just something really magical about that.

Where was Uncle Matt during some of the last episodes. It would have been nice to see him during the last three or four episodes.

And speaking of Matt, what about him and the Storyteller? She's always carried the torch for him, so it would have been cute to see how he reacted to her swooning.

So, yeah, it would have been intersting to see some of these questions pondered.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And fans--like the Fraggles themselves--don't back out on a challenge! :smirk: :excited:

She's always carried the torch for him, so it would have been cute to see how he reacted to her swooning.
Just as with any pair, it'd be cute and awkward at first, but then would probably get more serious as the potential couple developed together.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and as for the song thing, song lyrics are not easy to write. I know from experience. I've actually translated German lyrics to English ones, and talk about hard. So, I guess I can excuse the lyricists on that one particular point, but I do find it amusing nonetheless. :big_grin: