1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What is the one thing that was talked about in the series...

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Redsonga, May 28, 2008.

1. Rose

Rose Member

Welp.... I really don't think that would be possible to know exactly how many Fraggle Groups there are. I'm sure there's many. Maybe not only the ones ' we have seen ' but others we have not seen as well. So I don't think there's a real answer to that question. It's just one of the mysteries that we probably will never know for sure.

2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

We know of three Fraggle groups, and then Cantus travels throughout the Rock uniting various Fraggle colonies with song. There must be a fair number of them if Cantus has made a career of it, and yet the Fraggle Rock Fraggles never heard of him before "The Minstrels." Also, Cantus looks like a different subspecies, implying that he came from a distant gene pool. It seems likely to me that there are lots of Fraggle colonies all over the place.
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I always thought that the idea of dream-sharing was something that should have been developed more. It's such a cool concept and they only used it twice, briefly in "The Beast of Blue Rock" and in "Boober's Dream". There probably could have been some great story ideas in there.
    iluvfragglerock likes this.
  4. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I don't know if this was ever "hinted at," per se, but I do wish we'd gotten a Boober/Cantus episode. If any Fraggle needed Cantus, I honestly believe it was Boober.
  5. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Did you see a fraggle comic story like that?
  6. Speed Tracer

Nope! Sadly haven't gotten to the comics. Was there one?
  7. Collgoff

Oh yes it's in volume 2 of the Fraggle rock comic books.
  8. Speed Tracer

Well then! I must check it out!!
  9. Collgoff

Yes, yes you should!
  10. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

I always thought that the issue of Boober's differences from other Fraggles should be explored. I mean, there has to be some reason why he's so pessimistic. *laughs*
  11. Collgoff

That's right!
  12. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

LOL, that has always driven me bonkers. How do they know what a lawn is? How do they know what a TIGER is? You just have to let it slide.

There should have been SOMETHING about parents. They never mention or imply them, not once. I assume the 5 are supposed to be in their late teens or early 20s (according to the Fraggle lifespan), but their parents never call on them or send them letters or anything. Save for maybe a scene or two, you don't really see parents or babies at all. Uncle Matt, the Storyteller and World's Oldest Fraggle seem to be the only adults around.