What is the one thing that was talked about in the series...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
If you think German's hard, imagine what the songs would be like if dubbed into Hebrew.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and as for the song thing, song lyrics are not easy to write. I know from experience. I've actually translated German lyrics to English ones, and talk about hard. So, I guess I can excuse the lyricists on that one particular point, but I do find it amusing nonetheless. :big_grin:
Like I said, I think it is much more fun to just think of fraggles as a tribe culture, and many of those reuse melodies..and as for talking about things they have never seen, a few fraggles way back when could have gone to outer space and seen those things and learned the words , but now the words might mean something else...like a tiger could be a rock creature with three heads they named that :coy: It's lots of fun to think of it that way IMHO :big_grin:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Indeed. As my communication course says, "Words in and of themselves don't have meaning. We give words meaning based on our experiences."

Foodie

Reaction score
I've always been interested in the whereabouts of the Fraggle 5's parents. :smirk:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, I think someone on here created a story regarding how Uncle Matt ended up raising Gobo (in that Gobo's parents fought a fearsome beast of some sort and were--as per The Ballad of Sir Blunderbrain--"never heard from again").

Redsonga

Reaction score
I've always been interested in the whereabouts of the Fraggle 5's parents. :smirk:
Well, as far as writing fanfic goes I figured out Boober's and Mokey's (Mokey's is a bit easier becuase she is the oldest of them all, so it was a normal everyday move out thingie) and Wembley's (which is so sad, not the Boober's isn't ten times worst since he remembers but oh, poor little Wembley!..No wonder he's unsure of everything...)
But I will save it all for my Fraggle Babies idea :excited:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Sounds like a keen idea.
I will be, at least my brain is having a good time with the idea of setting episodes to 80's music (in the same way Muppet Babies used music)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
And speaking of Matt, what about him and the Storyteller? She's always carried the torch for him, so it would have been cute to see how he reacted to her swooning.
Well, maybe he spends all that time exploring to stay away from her. :stick_out_tongue:

In my fic-verse, she preferred hearing about stories than living them, so she didn't join Matt on his adventures.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, maybe he spends all that time exploring to stay away from her. :stick_out_tongue:

In my fic-verse, she preferred hearing about stories than living them, so she didn't join Matt on his adventures.
After he finds the other caves he spends a lot more time back home though..Awww, I can just see the romance, the storyteller tying him up somewhere and reading him the fraggle version for War and Peace :coy: