New Sesame Street Live Show! Elmo's Green Thumb!

muppet baby

Reaction score
Remember when I said the new show was going to be about environmentalism and global awareness... Well I was right. The show still doesn't have an official title yet, but according to ticketmaster, the working title is "Elmo's Green Thumb" I just read this description about it on the La Crosse Center's website:

"Elmo has raised his sunflower, Sunny, from a seed, but the floral friend has outgrown his flower pot. Elmo and friends find Big Bird’s garden the ideal place for Sunny to flourish and grow, but they are too excited to wait. Rather than let Sunny follow nature’s course, Abby Cadabby, Sesame Street’s fairy-in-training, casts a spell to make him grow. The spell does just the opposite and, instead of growing, Elmo and all of his friends shrink! While Abby searches for just the right words to reverse the spell, Elmo, Zoe, Telly and friends explore Big Bird’s garden from a smaller perspective and learn some big lessons about patience, overcoming their fears and appreciating the role that each creature plays in our ecosystem – from dancing ladybugs and beautiful butterflies to grouchy beetles that scavenge the garden floor. It’s a fresh, original Sesame Street Live on a whole new scale!"

I Can't Wait!:insatiable:

Wow cool this is going to be great i hope this comes To Lubbock or close to it .

I really want to see acually the very first live show that i ever saw , My mom took me to was SSL it was in Lubbock ahaha .

That was even before elmo came on the SS .

Wow and it will be better . haha .

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
My only problem with the live shows is the proportions of the walk arounds. Most of them look way too thin, fat, or tall compared to the puppets. Elmo looks like he has been elongated in photoshop, and Zoe looks fat. The only ones that looks right to me is Cookie and BB, they seem in proportion.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
if you saw it live, you wouldn't think that way. trust me. especially because of all of the height relations of short characters vs tall characters. elmo and zoe do actually appear quite small on stage.

SSLFan

Reaction score
if you saw it live, you wouldn't think that way. trust me. especially because of all of the height relations of short characters vs tall characters. elmo and zoe do actually appear quite small on stage.
yeah, that's definately true.

i noticed that Grundgy and Baby Bear have the same performer. Does Baby Bear even speak? lol. All the vids I've seen of this show I never hear him speak. I wish Grungetta would've just been one part instead of also splitting it with BB.

And the cast list also is different...slightly. Big Bird's in Abby's place! :stick_out_tongue:

kermiegirl

Reaction score
I am SO happy! I am going to see the show on Saturday!
My dad works as the general manager for our towns local PBS station. He has been asked to introduce the show at the Memorial Coliseum - that's where the show is playing. Even though I can't bring in a video camera, I still wish I could show you what the show looks like.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
I am SO happy! I am going to see the show on Saturday!
My dad works as the general manager for our towns local PBS station. He has been asked to introduce the show at the Memorial Coliseum - that's where the show is playing. Even though I can't bring in a video camera, I still wish I could show you what the show looks like.

Hahaha. Are you kidding? People record clips of the shows all the time with their digital cameras. You can find SSL clips all over youtube.

kermiegirl

Reaction score
But isn't it illegal to record something from a stage show or movie theater? You could get arrested. Well, I'll check the MC website and see if one of us is wrong.
Edit: Well, I couldn't find anything in the MC website, but I did find something on the SSL website. Here's what they said about cameras:
"Remember your camera! We encourage parents to capture this special moment in a child's life. Professional photography and videotaping, however, are strictly prohibited without prior written consent from VEE Corporation."
Well, I guess you were right, StarrFilter. Sorry I doubted you.