New Sesame Street Live Show! Elmo's Green Thumb!

SSLFan

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l6p2QFvPpI

Lol. It reminds me of Pattie Labelle's song "New Attitude". Does anyone know who is the voice of the bee? She sounds like one of the women who voiced the Palettes in Elmo's Coloring Book (they were awsome, IMHO).
I hope someone posts the cast singing "Inch By Inch". It sounds so cute. :halo:

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Yeah, she does sound like one of the Pallettes. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of them.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Haha. You guessed right. This is how the show will look when you see it at the Fox theater next year!

SSLFan

Reaction score
i found this vid, i guess it's the opening of the second half:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...searchid=bbe8658a-9217-413e-aae0-56ef3b63006b

I like the first song, it's catchy lol. Espicially Grover's part.:super:
I'm guessing, but do Bert, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Ernie, Grungetta/Baby Bear, and Oscar performers play the six ladybugs?(Count count's six, though 4 are only visible from the angle of the video i believe). I honestly applaud those guys, having to go in and out of costume like that, it must make you soooo tired! I used to think they had extra performers for the small parts, boy was I wrong LOL! I guess you never know what goes on backstage. . .:shifty:

StarrFilter

Reaction score
i love Grover's part too. I just saw this show on Sunday in L.A. and I'm going again on Friday in Long Beach. I hung out with my friend in the show (Big Bird) and most of the cast. They're so cool and waaay talented! This is probably one of the cutest shows SSL has done. And yes, you're EXACTLY right about the ladybugs :wisdom:... I don't know what's gonna happen when this show goes into the theater circuit, cuz they HAVE to have 6 ladybugs and the 6 shrunken and the 3 understudies... i don't see how they could shrink down the cast anymore... unless they cut out Baby Bear/Grundgy and just have one of the shrunken do a ladybug for that scene...:confused:

StarrFilter

Reaction score
oh and when i saw it there was no purple honker (she went in for Baby Bear/Grundgetta) So Telly did a QUADRUPLE PIROUETTE in the "soul train line" Unlike, on this video @ 4:10 where Telly just walks over to Purple and hip bumps him

SSLFan

Reaction score
I don't know what's gonna happen when this show goes into the theater circuit, cuz they HAVE to have 6 ladybugs and the 6 shrunken and the 3 understudies... i don't see how they could shrink down the cast anymore... unless they cut out Baby Bear/Grundgy and just have one of the shrunken do a ladybug for that scene...:confused:
Yeah...maybe they can have 2 of the ladybugs appear onscreen and just have the 4 of them appear onstage? Just have them played by Cookie, Bird, Ernie, and Bert performers? The person who plays Oscar can possibly also play the Count(if they don't interact much in the show, and you can just cut Oscar's part out in the opening song, for instance). It looks like Baby Bear can be easily removed from the show, and maybe you can have it be Rosita/Grungetta for example?

It could go...

Elmo
Ernie/ladybug/beetle(?)
Bert/ladybug/beetle(?)
Big Bird/ladybug
Cookie Monster/ladybug
Telly
Oscar/The Count
Grover
Zoe
Rosita/Grungetta
Abby
Orange Honker
Purple Honker
Prairie Dawn

It's hard to downsize these shows! Whew! It was crazy how they downsized ECB. Telly/Cookie and Ernie/Oscar? And Rosita stays in full costume (minus the minor roles in the coloring book scenes), yet her dialouge is cut off after the opening. And Count and Baby Bear have the same performer. Crazy.:batty:

StarrFilter

Reaction score
count is one of the beetles. so count couldn't be oscar, because of moving trash... i bet they'll only cut out one track.

oh and in theater ECB, Rosita was actually the medium understudy character... So whenever she had to go in for another characther. The blue Pallette performer would perform Rosita in "my favorite color" and after Rosita's line in the song she'd immediately dance off and change quickly into blue pallette. Crazy, huh?

SSLFan

Reaction score
count is one of the beetles. so count couldn't be oscar, because of moving trash... i bet they'll only cut out one track.
Oh okay. And I forgot, Bert & Ernie were just in the "What's Going On" scene so it couldn't be them either! VEE should just hire extra people for those minor parts hehe.
oh and in theater ECB, Rosita was actually the medium understudy character... So whenever she had to go in for another characther. The blue Pallette performer would perform Rosita in "my favorite color" and after Rosita's line in the song she'd immediately dance off and change quickly into blue pallette. Crazy, huh?
Lol yes indeed. ECB must've been hard to turn into a theater tour, considering all the extra characters they had. I remember reading about some people upset and sad cuz Grover wasn't included in the theater tour(not to mention Let's Be Friends)! Poor guy.:super: He really took it hard during some of the 90's tours.
But I gotta say, I wanna see Snuffy again.:search: