Angelina Jolie In Talks to Star in New Muppet Film

bknatchbull

Reaction score
:smile:Angelina Jolie's Muppet role
Jun 11 2008

(BANG) -Angelina Jolie is being lined up to star in the new Muppets movie. The 33-year-old actress - who is set to give birth to twins later this month - has reportedly been approached to feature in the film because she is such a huge fan of the Jim Henson creations.

A source said: "The idea is to re-launch the Muppets with a big name and a big movie. Angelina is a big Muppets fan and being so passionate about kids there's a very real chance that she'll take this project on.

"Even Brad might want to have Miss Piggy as a love interest!"

Angelina has previously revealed she thinks she looks like one of the comical puppets.

She said: "I am odd-looking. I sometimes think I look like a funny Muppet!"

Angelina already has three adopted children - Maddox, six, Pax, three, and two-year-old Zahara - and a two-year-old biological daughter Shiloh with Brad.

The Muppets started life on their own TV show which was a worldwide hit and eventually spawned a host of movies.

Angelina wouldn't be the first celebrity to appear alongside the mischievous puppets. Rocker Alice Cooper, the late Johnny Cash and Diana Ross were all guests on the series. (C) BANG Media International

Brian

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I Reeeally hope "star" means "guest star" and not that she's the lead in the film!

I'm ready for the Muppets to be in the spotlight and, as I said in the other thread about the movie, The Muppet Movie did it right with The Muppets being the stars, and the bit-part cameos being played by famous folk as tertiary characters.

Why can't they just let the Muppets star in their own films anymore?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, I said it in the other thread, but I'll say it again, if she's starring she should be the villian. Muppet movies have always had humans as villians. But then again, they often had human leads as well as the Muppets (Muppets Take Manhatten had two!).

I'm getting overly excited for this movie!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well, I said it in the other thread, but I'll say it again, if she's starring she should be the villian. Muppet movies have always had humans as villians. But then again, they often had human leads as well as the Muppets (Muppets Take Manhatten had two!).

I'm getting overly excited for this movie!
Muppets take Manhaten had three if you count Pops

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
WOW thats interesting! But i'm with Kevin, it's a Muppet movie so lets hope that the Muppet's aren't sidekicks to anyone other then them selfs! :confused::eek:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
IS Brad going to have a secret crush on the pig and she finds out after meting her privately her backstage and telling her what a big fan he is and reveling to her that he does in fact have a crush on her.:eek::wink: And would comedy gold ensue?:confused: These are questions one must ask to their self. *Is contemplating*

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I saw this story this week, too. I didn't think it was important enough to mention on the show this week, but it's kind of interesting. Did you also see the story where she's now also chided the Disney company for not having any African-American princesses (granted, it's a valid point and one that the Princess and the Frog will remedy)? I think she just likes having her name in the news. Then again, it's Hollywood, so who doesn't, lol?

Luke

Reaction score
I agree on the humans as baddies, and on the subject of Anjelina, you never know as they will obviously approach lots of people, or it may just be the news agency creating a nice little story because the new movie has got press attention lately. She'd probably make a good baddie really, and atleast even if its just rumor the kinda names being put out are A list!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did you also see the story where she's now also chided the Disney company for not having any African-American princesses (granted, it's a valid point and one that the Princess and the Frog will remedy)? I think she just likes having her name in the news. Then again, it's Hollywood, so who doesn't, lol?

Disney's problem there (might as well cover this one up) is that the only African tale they had starred talking animals (not quite anthropomorphic, but with human characteristics). the Fairy Tale movies were mostly European tales, and at the time, there weren't any Africans in Europe. So that was the problem posed.

I'm surprised she didn't chide them on the sweatshop labor the company used to make their merchandise. Of course, it's hard to find a place that doesn't do that.

Anyway...
I Reeeally hope "star" means "guest star" and not that she's the lead in the film!

I'm ready for the Muppets to be in the spotlight and, as I said in the other thread about the movie, The Muppet Movie did it right with The Muppets being the stars, and the bit-part cameos being played by famous folk as tertiary characters.

Why can't they just let the Muppets star in their own films anymore?
I agree on the humans as baddies, and on the subject of Anjelina, you never know as they will obviously approach lots of people, or it may just be the news agency creating a nice little story because the new movie has got press attention lately. She'd probably make a good baddie really, and atleast even if its just rumor the kinda names being put out are A list!
All valid points. Personally, I'm siding with Fozzie. She seems to be a great idea for a short guest star cameo. I'd actually hate to see her as the villain, though. The wholefocus of the film, both in it's concept and it's press would focus on her. I agree. Why can't the Muppets star in their own films? They were secondary characters (at best) in MCC. MTI pretty much focused on new muppet characters (at least they were Muppets). MFS... well, as much screen time Jeff Tambor got, it was still about Gonzo. VMX and (I'll guess) KSY were about the Muppets. But then they broke it back to the 90's, with OZ being Ashanti's movie.

I think with OZ, while the concept of 4 Piggys, each playing a different witch, was a good concept, but I think the film would have benefitted with Piggy as Dorothy, and 4 different actresses playing the witches. Imagine if they got the woman from Wicked to play Glenda (I forget her name at the moment).

I think the Muppet villain in this film needs to be someone on the B list or C list. Michael Caine and Jon Cussack would probably be the biggest stars they had be the villains. And that worked fine for them, since they made sure to get people that worked great with the muppets first, and celebrity wasn't even in the top 10.