Sesame Place Walk-Around Costume Evolution

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjHlmCVfEkk

This is in Sesame Place, but it gives you an idea of what they were like in SSL. I kind of miss the old costume designs. They were so unique. :cry:
Wow! That really takes me back, thanks! Hmm...Big Bird seems to have a stiff neck!

I remember seeing one of those live shows a long time ago. The only part I recall distinctly was Bert saying to the audience, "I'm not sure you'll be able to laugh like I do!" Lol :frown:

So simple and innocent, yet full of heart. Nowadays, that's considered old fashioned. If that's old fashioned, I don't want to be new. :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's only thought of as old fashion because our generation and the ones before it were a little better at using our imaginations to make up for the more simple designs :wink:.
With all the newer designs and CGI so many levels above what use to look 'cool' to us, it's no wonder it takes so much to draw little ones in now...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Which is why I fear for things like the Fraggle film, because I think execs may opt to freshen up the premise of the franchise (and by that, I mean do whatever it takes--even if it makes certain people [i.e. fans] mad--to draw in the newer generations).

Redsonga

Reaction score
The trouble is one of the things they always seem to change for the sake of cool is a core element of what made the first series or movie work :frown:. With FR if they change certain elements to make it look perfect a lot of the depth of the rock will be ruined IMHO.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The trouble is one of the things they always seem to change for the sake of cool is a core element of what made the first series or movie work :frown:. With FR if they change certain elements to make it look perfect a lot of the depth of the rock will be ruined IMHO.
Same here. I mean, considering the show was in the 80's, the young generation that exists now missed out completely and so, the film may have to backtrack and explain who's who & what's what (like explain each Fraggle's personality & the Fraggle way of understanding the human--excuse me, Silly Creature--world).